Gig

Thread: Gig

Tech Wizard

Default Gig

Playing at a gig right now and the VCI-400 is playing channel 2 even when the fader is all the way to the left. I can take the volume down with the volume fader but the channel fader should be working. Anyone have any ideas asap? I tried reloading my TSI many times and used older ones also.

Thread title posted incorrectly

Check your cross fader assignment in the software. If you can't see the cross fader in the software, you'll need to go into preferences and change the layout setting. On each side of the cross fader are the deck select buttons. These activate/deactivate the cross fader for each deck.

Tech Wizard

Thanks so much, that was it!! saved the night

The S4 has a way to change this in its mapping, the 400 might also. I mention this because I had accidentally discovered this and thought my cross fader was broken until I realized I had deactivated the cross fader for a deck by pushing a fx button with shift still held down.

Glad to help!! Now rock that crowd

Strange forum to post this in BTW. I would have tried general discussion first.
    Last edited by VanGogo; 03-30-2013 at 11:41 PM.

*poof*
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Up fader mixing is generally smoother than cross fader mixing, unless your quick cutting but glad you fixed your issue anyway.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors