"Fake" DJs - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Fake" DJs

Tech Guru

I guess I was too busy staring at the lights to pay attention to all the train wrecking lol.

It wasn't the best DJing i've ever seen, but I didn't think it was a train wreck. Not as bad as Guetta.

be better than them...stop bitching about them...

practice and dig for your tunes...other than that...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I guess I was too busy staring at the lights to pay attention to all the train wrecking lol.

It wasn't the best DJing i've ever seen, but I didn't think it was a train wreck. Not as bad as Guetta.
    I was there both weekends. First was better than the second, First still had its issues. Every other song was mis timed, mis cued, not ment to be played, started stopped. People paid good money.. some of them simply to see that last act. Its not what I expect from a three figure "trio" group
    (Never have understood their act)

Listen to the recorded Second weekend. Its amazing that Ultras mainstage soundsystem covered up instead of made sound worse lol. I thought it was bad in person, I thought I was listening to an amateur during the recorded version

Yup! I'm sure there are plenty of fakes in my area, but I never see them, I'm too busy gigging.

@ Zer0beet, Just put your best foot forward and show potential clients that you are a professional, not just some hack with an iphone. Being young definitely makes it harder to be taken seriously, but working with a dj firm should help give you the credibility to get your foot in the door.

Above all believe in yourself. The only reason hack djs get gigs is because they walk in the door acting like they're the shit. Confidence in yourself and your skills will take you much farther than their false bravado. Stick with it and you'll start to get the gigs, while the posers fall by the wayside.

I sound like my dad... Must be drunk...

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    Yup! I'm sure there are plenty of fakes in my area, but I never see them, I'm too busy gigging.

@ Zer0beet, Just put your best foot forward and show potential clients that you are a professional, not just some hack with an iphone. Being young definitely makes it harder to be taken seriously, but working with a dj firm should help give you the credibility to get your foot in the door.

Above all believe in yourself. The only reason hack djs get gigs is because they walk in the door acting like they're the shit. Confidence in yourself and your skills will take you much farther than their false bravado. Stick with it and you'll start to get the gigs, while the posers fall by the wayside.

I sound like my dad... Must be drunk...
    That and since everyone and their mom uses Traktor and Serato now to put out some of the most boring 4 minute a song pre planned sets, no half wit club owner gives half a crap anymore. hehe. He wants to sell private tables, and make his 400 percent mark up on his bottle of Kettle One.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    I was there both weekends. First was better than the second, First still had its issues. Every other song was mis timed, mis cued, not ment to be played, started stopped. People paid good money.. some of them simply to see that last act. Its not what I expect from a three figure "trio" group
    (Never have understood their act)

Listen to the recorded Second weekend. Its amazing that Ultras mainstage soundsystem covered up instead of made sound worse lol. I thought it was bad in person, I thought I was listening to an amateur during the recorded version
    That's the thing. I just don't understand hwo you DJ as a trio lol Cueing and shit must be so hard. Who does what?

I didn't watch the first weekend so I can't comment.

Everyone TRIES to be a DJ.
    It's cause controllers are so bloody easy to use, and are not as expensive as let's say CDJ2000's and DJM's.
    But eventually they give up, or they become better.
    Try to diversify yourself from them.
    Don't focus on them, don't "hate' on them.
    Create your own style, practiceł and you'll get there
    Latest Production: https://soundcloud.com/pjetrovmusic/techhouse-project-1
    - F1 - F1 - CME UF6 - Maschine Mikro -

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Can I move where you live?

Since Ive moved to DC ive seen, 4 pre recorded acts, a guy who wears a mask, uses Serato and plays mashup top 40 all night. And DJs trying to get me to hook them up with my promoter, name dropping, saying they use to spin at X Club at this day etc.

Give them a shot, listen to their soundcloud, and while its not a great judge, you can instantly hear the bad ones. Kind of like Swedish House Mafias last set on weekend two. A complete train wreck of an hour lol.
    bl3nd? :P

when you can get up and spin in front of 100 or more people and not piss your pants, that is what separates the boys from the men. Just let all those fakes get their chance to shine they will either totally blow it, and be revealed for what they are or... they will rise to the occasion and make that shit happen. (good for them)

Tech Guru

You don't have to use a CDJ2000 to become a DJ though...

I don't necessarily think controllers are a bad thing. Sure you might have more noobs out there, but I see it similar to the limiting costs of higher education. You never know who you might be suppressing just because of costs. By giving people opportunities, you might find the few diamonds in the rough.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast