Help with tiny DJ booth for beginner

Default Help with tiny DJ booth for beginner

Hey everyone I'm playing at a bar in two weeks time, it should be really good but I want to be prepared.
    I have been in the booth to have a look at the material and the space on the desk, at the moment there's the standard CDJ's and a mixer that take up nearly all of the space. I DJ using Ableton and a BCR2000 (Kind of weird I know) Problem is I can't move the CDJ's because the DJ after me is using them, the only solution i have found is to put my laptop on top of a closed unused turntable and to put my controller on top of one of the CDJ's. Obviously I don't want to damage the CDJ so I'm looking for some kind of foam or something to put between the CDJ and my controller. It has to protect the CDJ on one side but be quite stable on the other. I did see something about this on the blog about protecting your material.. Let me know your ideas..

Cheers

Tech Mentor

Get four 1" rubber stoppers from your local hardware store. Place them in a square shape around the platter of the CDJ, and put your controller on top. It's actually quite stable and won't damage the CDJ.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Mentor

Here's an example:

Last edited by tekki; 04-02-2013 at 06:50 AM.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

^^^Perfect. Or you could glue/velcro the feet to the bottom of your BCD...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Patch... It's BCR.

The feet are a nice idea. You might want to look into a laptop stand, That worked out pretty wel for mine as well. You might want to switch thing around for a bit, and drop the BCR on the encased turntable and do the laptop on the rubber feet though, as that you will be handling the BCR more than the laptop.

(And yes, I speak from loads of experience with a BCR. )
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

can't you move the one cdj?
    the guy playing next can begin playing on one and then when you unplug your stuff?

if not, the rubber pads are a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by tekki
    Patch... It's BCR.
    Oh. Well in that case the rubber feet are a TERRIBLE idea!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Patch... It's BCR.

The feet are a nice idea. You might want to look into a laptop stand, That worked out pretty wel for mine as well. You might want to switch thing around for a bit, and drop the BCR on the encased turntable and do the laptop on the rubber feet though, as that you will be handling the BCR more than the laptop.

(And yes, I speak from loads of experience with a BCR. )
    Have you done any recent BCR - Traktor mapping??? My BCR is lonely in its box wish i could find some use for it!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAybar View Post
    Have you done any recent BCR - Traktor mapping??? My BCR is lonely in its box wish i could find some use for it!!!
    Sell it to me, I'm sure I can find a use for it

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Sell it to me, I'm sure I can find a use for it
    make me an offer anytime!!!!
    MBP 13' 256 SSD 8Gb RAM. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.8 | MF Classic | NI Audio 2 | NI Audio 10 | CDJ1000MK3 (2) | Technics 1200MKII (4) | A&H Xone 92 (UK) | NI Kontrol F1 | Ipad 4 | Korg Kaoss Pad Mini | Ableton Live Suite.