window shopping for a new mixer

Default window shopping for a new mixer

I have been looking around online looking at dj mixers lately to replace my antique (gemini pmx200) and having a hard time deciding on what to go with...

As far as requirements is to be able to do at least 4 channels in, im using tracktor's internal mixing and 2 inputs for a set of american dj cd Units
    got to have eq controls on each chan....

I would love to grab my hands on an a&h but I have to be realistic with my purchases and find something that is quality but affordable...

Balanced outputs and things as such would be icing on the cake. im looking to hear from the group, what works, what to stay away from.
    Last edited by djtimmmy; 08-28-2009 at 04:38 PM.

Tech Mentor

I think the best hting to do would be to make a list of 4 channel mixers that would work for you, and then scour e-bay, craigslist, and local shops for used or refurb's of whatever you decide you would like.

Who knows, you might find a really nice xone mixer on the cheap from someone who has given up mixing in your area.
    I'm not good at things, but I like to pretend I am.
    :Project-Segfault:

Go with Pioneer DJM600 if you want good analog mixer. Go PIoneer DJM 700 if you want the same thing as well as midi support.

I am not advocate of buying used stuff as far as mixers go.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Guru

well in that price range you could also get an a&h 4 channel mixer. but the pioneer's of course have some very nice features too. the feature set is very different between the a&h and the pioneer's you mentioned.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Mentor

The Pioneer would def be the top of my list - i used to have a DJM400, only 2 channels but awesome and i have heard nothing but great reviews for the 600 and 700 alike.

Obviously A&H would be nice but i do think the Pioneer would 1. be cheaper 2. gives you more features

I dont own 1 myself, but if i would get me a 4-channel mixer today, id get me a ecler 4.0, the times i have tested the 4.0 it has rly impressed me, way more thatn the pioneers, and I had an pio 600 for years that I sold for my pmc-cx, and I have played out on some 800's, and the only fun thing about the 800 was the bitcrusher but note that I mix 4 channels externaly from Traktor Pro so I got all the efx there, it works fin3 on th pmc-cx( mostly use 1 of the decks as a "sampler") and the big pots r wonderfull to work wiht, but if id get another mixer it would be the 4.0, its just a gr8 mixer with a good feel to the pots and nice and simple
    my music : www.soundcloud.com/themaxive

Traktor 2.5 Audio 6 midifighter classic x1
    vestax PMC-CX
    midifighter pro SUPER KNOB's runnin beatmasher mapping + some other custom stuff

If you're using traktors internal mixer and 2 cdj's then you only need 3 channels which gives you much more choice..

I got a xone32 and it's pretty good overall
    SC | MC