MixTrack Pro w/ 2 turntables...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default MixTrack Pro w/ 2 turntables...

Is it possible to use the mixtrack pro as the mixer of two turntables using an audio interface like A6/10?

Had a faulty numark x6 sent to me so exploring other options. I know the S4 is fitted for this type of thing but just curious if the mixtrack pro can do it some way too..

thanks!

Yup it's doable. It's all about mapping and settings
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zorilow View Post
    Yup it's doable. It's all about mapping and settings
    numark_mixtrackpro_back_lg-624x390.jpg

cannot be done without...INPUTS
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    numark_mixtrackpro_back_lg-624x390.jpg

cannot be done without...INPUTS
    The audio 6/10 has the inputs. The mixtrack would just be a midi controller.
    tsp 2.5 | vci-400 ege | mfspectra | kontrol x1s | rokit 8s (ferrari grey) | krk 10 sub | audio 8
    hp dv6 - i5 - 8gb | maschine | mpk49 | apc40 | rokit 5s | technics sl-1200mk3ds | cdj100s
    thread of free music

-- i know jack shit about digital djing so this is a mere hypothesis --

i assume he meant he wants to play vinyl, for which he'd need inputs to plug into the mixtrack, BUT... is it possible to route the Audio through the A6 and control the internal mixer using the MTP?

could work in theory

Yes it's possible. I used to use an audio8 with Tech12's and a VCI to mix with TSPro. You'd use the audio6/10's outputs instead of the Mixtrack. You'd obviously need a scratch license.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I misread the question above... you would just set the audio options to internal... I would still route the audio outputs to the audio 6 directly and just map out the mixtrak as a midi controller only... I would map out the jog wheels for something like...fx...dry/wet
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Yes it's possible. I used to use an audio8 with Tech12's and a VCI to mix with TSPro. You'd use the audio6/10's outputs instead of the Mixtrack. You'd obviously need a scratch license.
    Have an A6 with license on the way

I misread the question above... you would just set the audio options to internal... I would still route the audio outputs to the audio 6 directly and just map out the mixtrak as a midi controller only... I would map out the jog wheels for something like...fx...dry/wet
    Could i control decks 1 & 2 on turntables then 3 and 4 on the mix track pro also?

Quote Originally Posted by kshook View Post
    Have an A6 with license on the way

Could i control decks 1 & 2 on turntables then 3 and 4 on the mix track pro also?
    Issue with that us that the mix track pro is a 2 channel midi controller... You could midi assign the middle fader to control the gain of c/d... I would suggest using one or the other... Use the midi for when someone doesn't want to pay you a lot for a gig... Don't lug the ttables out for a $200 gig... Use the midi instead

It is always wise to have a analog mixer for emergencies and so you can have a line input setup for request via iPod/mp3 player when people ask for song you never heard of

Tech Wizard

Issue with that us that the mix track pro is a 2 channel midi controller... You could midi assign the middle fader to control the gain of c/d... I would suggest using one or the other... Use the midi for when someone doesn't want to pay you a lot for a gig... Don't lug the ttables out for a $200 gig... Use the midi instead

It is always wise to have a analog mixer for emergencies and so you can have a line input setup for request via iPod/mp3 player when people ask for song you never heard of
    Great info and tips for me there, thanks alot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast