Swedish House Mafia - Don't Worry Child - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by M.Beijer View Post
    dont you worry child is a mainstream top40 song. If thats not your cup of tea in music taste you will not like it.
    Greyhound on the other side makes me go bananas.
    It's smart made because you can sing along to it and its really simple with a catchy tune. You also share the feeling with the rest of the group or dancefloor
    -> receipt for mainstreamclubhit.
    I like Top 40 people. I use to be a Top 40 DJ for 12 years. I always HAD to play some stuff I did not really like. I always tried to get around it but sometimes you had to do it to keep the crowd pleased.
    I blame marketing and radio. It's gotten 100 times worse now than it was 10 years ago. Now they have to release stuff. If they sign an artist they force the radio stations (which they own) to play them in heavy rotation and even if a track sucks (the label will argue with the artist and make changes to the track even though they [the label] doesn't know shit about music production) they have to play it because the signed the artist to 6-10 releases already. Then the idiots who still listen to FM radio will be driving to work and daydreaming about killing their boss while "Swedish House Mafia" blares from their speakers and gets subconsciously embedded in their brain.
    Later on they are shopping with their girlfriend at the mall, the gas station, the oil change, the car wash, the barber, the corner store, and the SHM is inescapable. That's 5 times a day, 35 times a week, 1050 times a week.

Shit by the end of this thread I might like this shitty song too.

>

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    Heres the DEAL...... As dj's we dont love or hate a certian track or something. WE LOVE THE PEOPLE!!! and when i am in the booth I will play THAT track that gives people that look of total euphoria on their faces. I may not like the track.... but for me when i can give people that escape from their everyday lives for a short time, that is priceless, and outweighs any "artistic integrity". Hate me for it, but that's just my 2cents
    Where do you play this track? If I was at a small venue and this track cam on it would be shit. What do people do? jump up and down? Even at a huge venue it's ridiculous. It has no bassline and no rhythm. This is why this crap works at festivals. People just stand in one spot and jump up and down.
    >

Thank god I have friends who would beat the shit out of me if I ever played this track.

>

@loverocket........ i couldn't resist

tumblr_mih55meuwL1r8gpy5o1_500.jpg

Tech Guru

my post was kind of vague but yea, between them breaking up and putting a world last tour, this song was bound to go as big as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    @loverocket........ i couldn't resist

tumblr_mih55meuwL1r8gpy5o1_500.jpg
    I have a new problem. I think my dog like's it !?!?!?

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    I have a new problem. I think my dog like's it !?!?!?

>
    No quote in 'likes' ...

Have you a mix we could hear please?
    Intrigued ...
    SC | MC

All my mixes suck.

>

I just listened to it for the first time. Its total dog shit. How anyone would want to listen to/produce/dj this type of music is beyond me. I genuinely believe its a taste thing. Some people don't have any. SHM included.

Tech Guru

I absolutely love it. All their singles have been huge hits. It just gets the crowd pumped in a mere second.

If you really need to salvage your set and you're in a 'mainstream' environment, just drop one of the SHM songs.

The reason why SHM did so well is because all of them have been able to produce really well on their own.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast