Speakers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Speakers

Tech Convert

Default Speakers

Speakers recommendation...?
    Not to pricey, not to cheap, for my "Bedroom" setup...
    (I work with S4 if it makes a difference...)

Tech Guru

Any reasonable 2.1 computer speakers.
    Denon X1600, NI X1 Mk1 & Mk2, MF Twister
    Kontrol S2, Maschine Mk1, APC 40
    Retired: VCI-100 Arcade (Signed #198/300))
    BFM 10x DR200 & 10x Titan 39

KRK Rokit 5,6,... I've got the 8s, they bang. The 5s and 6s are not to pricey, whats your budget?
    Roland TB-3, Roland TR-505, Maschine MK1 2.0, Alesis VI25, Novation Impulse 25, Allen & Heath ZED 10, iMac 2.9 GHz i5 8GB RAM, MBP 15" 2.66GHz, Logic Pro 9, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 8, Ableton Live 9, KRK Rokit 8 G5's, Editor Keys Monitor Guards, Traktor Scratch Pro 2, Audio 10, , Vestax PDX-d3s x2, Kontrol X1 x2, Lexicon Alpha USB Audio Interface,

krk rokit rp6's, maudio bx5/8, event 20/20bas

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    krk rokit rp6's, maudio bx5/8, event 20/20bas
    the Rokits, seem to be what a lot of people use... im thinking about getting some, are they enough in the low end spectrum?

Currently my Alesis's cant handle the bass frequencies and sound horrid when the mixer is turned anywere near half way.

would 8s be better or can the 6's handle?
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Mentor

I have the M-Audio BX8, and they are beasts. Great low and hi ends, although they are quite big so make sure you have room.

City_boy07, I've used KRK's and the 6's should be fine, especially if you don't have the room for 8's. The 8's will just be able to handle a little more low end, so I suppose it depends what you're using them for.
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by joemanton View Post
    I have the M-Audio BX8, and they are beasts. Great low and hi ends, although they are quite big so make sure you have room.

City_boy07, I've used KRK's and the 6's should be fine, especially if you don't have the room for 8's. The 8's will just be able to handle a little more low end, so I suppose it depends what you're using them for.
    Morning Joe, All good your end?

Yeh unsure, space isnt really too much of a issue. might even look into your suggestion!
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    Morning Joe, All good your end?

Yeh unsure, space isnt really too much of a issue. might even look into your suggestion!
    Always well me dude! Hope you're too. I'll try get that track over asap. I played it at the weekend and it definitely needs some tinkering. The bass sounded a bit flat and it needs a pad in there somewhere. Just want to make the changes before I send it out. Been working on a nice one lately that is coming along well. Will send a sample soon.

If you have the cash, definitely go for KRK's. There's a reason they are the market leader. I only have the M-Audio ones because I got them free, although I was very surprised at how good they actually are.

If you feel like splashing the cash, then I get recommended the Alesis' monitors quite a bit.
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ

Tech Mentor

sweet buddy will defo check them out.

Where did you play this weekend? Defo need to have a jam session soon, ur only up in prestwich arnt you? Also might have a set for you at Antwerp Mansion next month, will let u know once all is sorted.

Yeh Alesis are qaulity my little ones sound great but are unfortuantly too small

Look forward to hearing both tracks!

Tech Mentor

Cheers dude. Played at an afterparty in Leeds, was decent. Was amazing dropping my remix of The Beatles - Twist & Shout and everyone joined hands and started doing the Waltz. Very strange.

Let me know about Antwerp dude, would love to play. My friends play at Rum & Bass there now and again.

Twitter @JordanBMZ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast