Has anyone seen the new Akai MPX8? What if it met a Midi Fighter & fell in lurve..?
    Tech Convert

Default Has anyone seen the new Akai MPX8? What if it met a Midi Fighter & fell in lurve..?

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...ad-controller/

I'm pretty excited at the possibilitie this thing will open up to not only digital software DJ's but it should work no problems with a set of CDJs or 1200's without any software.. plug it in a spare line & off you go! Great way to conserve the CPU & keep your mixes tight without any strain on the computer or software.. I must say I'm pretty impressed with AKAI.. I'm sure a MPX16 or MPX18 with a pair of faders (like MPD18) won't be too far away. As it stands, AKAI have announced this will be on sale for $99 RRP - so expect it a bit cheaper when it hits the highstreet. My guess is that it will the same price as the LPD8, which retails for $95 retails & cheaper online

Now imagine if DJTT released a similar Midi Fighter that had it's own built in memory and also supported an SD card aswell? what do you guys reckon? would you consider getting an MPX8? Thought up any other uses for it or ways for it to help you during your set??

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark Quest; 04-04-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Tech Convert

I guess that's a no then lol..
    Last edited by Mark Quest; 04-04-2013 at 04:08 PM.

like a mpd8 with a mp3/wave player built in..

all depends on price if its cheap like the mpd8 it'll be decent but if it costs a lot may as well just use midi!
    key word is "sample player" so i dont think you can do much on the fly...
    will be good for street performers

Tech Convert

In the video of it at NAMM, the Akai rep. says it will be on sale for $99. I think that's the perfect pricepoint for something like this, because as you say, if it was any more expensive Midi would win out.. But I do like the idea of being able to drop a button-smashing A' La' Skrillex during your set.. the only problem I can think of is getting everything in sync with your set as I can't tell if there's anyway to connect it up to whatever Midi clock is keeping everything synced..

I'll be buying one. Seems like a good addition for a live set. I'll be needing to play samples and such for a project I'm working on and I'd rather not bring a laptop for something that simple. Wonder how the interface will be

Meh, seems like it plays back mono one-shots only
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Convert

Exactly.. Still no idea about midi clock sync or tempo/ pitch adjust? Hope they didn't overlook this.. but maybe that's why it's so cheap surely not? then again....