struggles with buying
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default struggles with buying

hello,
    i have no dj gear yet. I want to buy the z2 but you need turntables or cdj's. The s4 is all in one but the s4 is old and there will be a new one in a while.. i want to go for the z2 but i dont have a big budget so i thought as a setup i take the z2 + midifighter pro or 2 midifighter spectra's could that work for dj'ing? or could i better buy a s4 or wait?

sorry for my bad English but im from Europe

Tech Guru

My advice is to get a Mixtrack Pro first, just to learn the basics, etc and when you're sure that you wanna continue DJing (doesn't matter if we're talking about gigs or just bedroom djing), you can spend more money on something better like a vci400 or a modular set up or whatever you feel is appropriate.

Tech Mentor

My advice would be but 2nd hand, for a good price, then if you don't like it. Sell it on and you lose nothing.

Or get a mixtrack pro

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by amrith View Post
    hello,
    i have no dj gear yet. I want to buy the z2 but you need turntables or cdj's. The s4 is all in one but the s4 is old and there will be a new one in a while.. i want to go for the z2 but i dont have a big budget so i thought as a setup i take the z2 + midifighter pro or 2 midifighter spectra's could that work for dj'ing? or could i better buy a s4 or wait?

No one has mentioned anything about an S4 replacement. I just bought one, and unless the next one came with lightsabers and was wrapped in tiger fur, I can't see myself wanting or needing it.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    No one has mentioned anything about an S4 replacement. I just bought one, and unless the next one came with lightsabers and was wrapped in tiger fur, I can't see myself wanting or needing it.
    I agree with him. And if you look online for used S4's on Craigslist, or hell even in the Buy & Sell forums, there are always some up for sale. I've seen them go from $540 - $650ish. I sold mine for $650 in October, but I sold it with the Scratch upgrade and the control vinyl / cds.

Honestly if I were in your place and you're on a tight budget, a used S4 or hell even a used S2 would be a great deal. I wish they were still sellin S2s for like $370. That ish was ridiculous.

Tech Guru

I really don't get why everyone keeps saying there will be a new S4. It's like perpetually spreading itself...

Agreed with buying a Mixtrack Pro.

Denon MC3000 is also very nice IMO. Solid construction. My only gripe is with the feedback of pushing buttons.

Tech Guru

I started on a Numark Stealth controller. It was sturdy and survived a couple drops and spills no problem. Then I moved onto a DDM4000+ Audio2 Dj.

Honestly just pick SOMETHING. Then you'll know what you want, and what you actually will use. TRUST ME!

It's always a nice feeling when you know that you need a better controller because you've mastered the one you have.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    I really don't get why everyone keeps saying there will be a new S4. It's like perpetually spreading itself...
    Eventually there will be... That's economics. How else will NI sell new S4s to people who have S4s?

Look at how apple do. Always updating... Never standing still
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Get a Z2, X1, F1. You will be able to get pretty creative with that setup.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Quote Originally Posted by amrith View Post
    hello,

Get a mixtrack pro, OR wait just a couple of weeks until the Behringer CMD series controllers come out, and buy the Studio 4a
    IMO the 4a is a much better deal than the mixtrack, you get full 4channel control, 8 hotcues, and a whole load of better features such as long throw hi res faders and hires jogwheels

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast