WIll a Kontrol X1, F1, and Audio 2 serve the needs of a controller?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default WIll a Kontrol X1, F1, and Audio 2 serve the needs of a controller?

II am a newbie, yet, was doing some research for a somewhat portable setup. Thus, was wondering if I didn't need scratch capability, will the X1/F1/Audio 2 do the job? Your inputs would be appreciated! Thanks!

Tech Mentor

If you just wanna use your laptop and X1/F1/A2 combo then that should be a nice portable set up. Just make sure you have enough usb slots.

Yes it will do the job just fine you could even go for an X1/ A&H K2 and have almost the same options. though could not controll the Remix decks.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Wizard

Thanks Big Panda & dj gullum, your inputs are appreciated! I already own an F1, so my plan was to add the X1 & A2. dj gullum - did a little googling on the A&H K2 and saw some of the differences/options...though I prefer inputs directly from the users like you. Can either of you provide additional user inputs on the A&H K2 or point me to some reference mtl's? I'll keep searching around. Again, thanks!

Tech Mentor

There in an official K2 thread on here I think, read on there that the sound card is pretty quiet.

Also F1 and X1 look great together.

To be honest I have no experience of K2 though

Tech Wizard

Thanks again...I did find the thread and will read a little bit more, yet, leaning towards the X1 (adding to my F1) plus the A2. The only issue would be the lack of direct faders on the X1.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorrespr View Post
    Thanks again...I did find the thread and will read a little bit more, yet, leaning towards the X1 (adding to my F1) plus the A2. The only issue would be the lack of direct faders on the X1.
    Personally I'd add a Contour instead of the X1, as you get a jogwheel (which can be mapped for tempo, pitchbend AND scratch control) AND a 4+1-deck (10-out) ridiculously low-latency (sub-5ms) audio interface built in. It'll cost you less than the X1 and the Audio 2 as well.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Personally I'd add a Contour instead of the X1, as you get a jogwheel (which can be mapped for tempo, pitchbend AND scratch control) AND a 4+1-deck (10-out) ridiculously low-latency (sub-5ms) audio interface built in. It'll cost you less than the X1 and the Audio 2 as well.
    Thanks for the tip mdcdesign, I'll check it out! Thanks to all for chimming in, I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by ltorrespr View Post
    Thanks for the tip mdcdesign, I'll check it out! Thanks to all for chimming in, I appreciate the help.
    No problem mate Either solution would work well tbh, I know plenty of people who use an X1 (or a pair) for controlling Traktor and it works perfectly well, I just personally prefer the Contours as they give you a bit more functionality (and all-metal construction)

Tech Wizard

mdcdesign - I do like the fact that the Contour has add'l functionality (esp the integrated audio sc and the jog wheel). How do you control the ch fader & cross-fader effect with the unit? (reading through another site it appeared to be somewhat convoluted) Your thoughts? Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast