Pioneer DJC-WeCAi. What the hell pioneer? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    holy shit !!!!

Well Apple does the same shit. $30 for a $1 fucking converter (the old iPhone charger to the new 5-pin bullshit), or $40 for 2cent plastic cases for your phone.

It's business. It's unreasonably priced compared to what you can get at the market, but I am pretty sure they did market research and did their homework and will sell these.

Tech Guru

In the case of the Lightning to HDMI adapter, there is an entire ARM SoC running inside along with 256MB RAM. There might be something similar in the converter you mentioned.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    Well Apple does the same shit. $30 for a $1 fucking converter (the old iPhone charger to the new 5-pin bullshit), or $40 for 2cent plastic cases for your phone.

It's business. It's unreasonably priced compared to what you can get at the market, but I am pretty sure they did market research and did their homework and will sell these.
    It's different, inside the cable there is an ARM chip... and a whole load of other small components that add up to the cost.
    This? no.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    yeah cable prices can go real bad real fast
    http://www.highendcable.co.uk/Nordos...er%20Cable.htm

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    yeah cable prices can go real bad real fast
    http://www.highendcable.co.uk/Nordos...er%20Cable.htm
    Great for science, but not cost effective for blasting Gangnam Style at 500 absolutely munted people.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

I used to have my entire audio setup wired up with Monitor Audio Pureflow stuff; it's normally £400 a metre, but my supplier had a few 100m reels in his garage. When I asked him how much the wholesale value was... £2.50 a metre. Yep, that's a 16,000% markup.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    Great for science, but not cost effective for blasting Gangnam Style at 500 absolutely munted people.
    ~$100 cabling has absolutely nothing to do with signal quality to any real meaningful degree. Yeah, sure, there might be some marginal aliasing that might get smoothed out a bit, but not anything really meaningful. The real reason you spend ~$300 on cabling is the actual quality of the cable, wrap, and terminals. Cheap cables work fine, but investing a relatively tiny amount in making sure your connections are always solid isn't actually a half bad idea.

People are just so desensitized to disposable, static, consumer lines that they look at anything made to last and think it's ridiculous. The Monoprice lines I've had for a month are currently shot, and could very well go out on me. In a bedroom, nobody cares, but in a modular professional/touring setup, people really underestimate how obliterated cheap cabling gets really quickly, especially in hostile environments (90% of professional setups). Investing what I spent in cases protecting my gear in solid, borderline immortal lines isn't actually ridiculous.

Yeah, sure, you can get a disposable Chinese plastic mould for a few dollars, but those terminals and shielding have maybe a month in them on the road before they fry on you in the middle of a rig. Getting boggled by mid-priced cabling is like getting stunned by the fact that people spend ~$500 on cases.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by MRG12EG View Post
    blame apple for having 1 crap port

why the hell do macbooks only have 2 usb's in 2013!!!
    They were to busy thinking about ways they could overcharge for the rest of the product they forgot some basic necessities I suppose

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast