Just got some Senny HD's
    Tech Guru

Default Just got some Senny HD's

25-13's.

Woah. I got them BNIB for £85 on eBay, unwanted present (How gutted he must have been to only get that much!) and didn't know about the 13 model, when I goggled it I saw it had a longer cable, one of the many gripes with the HD25s. So after I bid, I also learnt it has a whopping 600 ohm impedance, compared to the 70 ohm ones I've used in the past.

So I got it from the post office this morning, plugged it in my phone, turned it up full, and the volume was at comfortable listening level. You'd never want, and in fact, shouldn't have your headphones louder than that in a quiet environment. So far so impressed, sound quality is great, but I had to wait til I finished work to try them in the S4.

Just got home, plugged them in, and I am absolutely blown away. Absolutely great pair of cans, and this model has a more.. I don't know, deep feeling? It's not quite muffled, but not quite stronger bass either. It's like a balance between the two. Either way, clarity is fantastic!
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Guru

The 600 ohm impedance might limit you on low power devices. I have the standard 70 ohms and I usually put my phone at 60% for comfortable listening.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Nice!

I feel bad about getting steals on eBay, but it's not your fault no one else bid!

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The 600 ohm impedance might limit you on low power devices. I have the standard 70 ohms and I usually put my phone at 60% for comfortable listening.
    I know, this is what I was referring to with the phone part, sorry. About if I play at full volume, the phones produce a comfortable (As in "this isn't hurting my ears" yet still "Man I can't hear shit outside of the music") volume level. I was worried that the S4 might have cheaped out on the headphone port since I've not found any major flaws yet, but I was surprised by how good it is. Go S4!

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    Nice!

I feel bad about getting steals on eBay, but it's not your fault no one else bid!
    Same, but I found it two hours before the end at £55, put £100 down because that seemed like a steal to me. Went for the old shower and shave, put some clothes on ready for work, and boom, came back to my computer to find I'd won them for £85.

1309300880715.jpg
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1