Is ist true, that the VCI 400's Master Volume Knob is MIDI only?
    Tech Convert

Default Is ist true, that the VCI 400's Master Volume Knob is MIDI only?

I'M using an S4 at the moment and I use it as my normal soundcard, too. One of the biggest advantages is the master level knob as it works also with iTunes or any other software.

If the VCI-400's master level knob would be MIDI only, this would be a dealbreaker for me as a soundcard without a master level control makes no sense to me.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I doubt it, it works as a standalone mixer as well so if that was the case then it would be an enormous design flaw from Vestax.

Tech Convert

The VCI-400 works as a standalone mixer, so it is indeed a hardware/analog potentiometer. I have found, however, that it does not control volume coming from non-dj interface sound (i.e. itunes etc)

Tech Convert

I talked to a dealer of DJ-Equipment and yes it's true. The master level knob of the vci-400 is midi only. So if you're not running Traktor but Ableton, iTunes or Soundcloud using the vci-400 you have a soundcard without without Volume Control. How stupid is that?

Sorry Vestax, that's a real dealbreaker

Can we get more confirmation on this?

Angry Same problem

Im having the same problem but I found a midi to volume program. The volume knob then controls the volume slider in Windows 7. Unfortunately thats all it does, the sound is still not changed even when the volume is muted. Thinking I may have to buy a big volume knob to insert between the VCI and the speakers

Any clue if there is a workaround for this, seems rediculous that there would be no volume control on VCI400