Motu Microbook II vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (Please help me select!)

Default Motu Microbook II vs Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (Please help me select!)

Hey guys

I'm looking to buy an audio interface and I've narrowed down to these two products: Motu Microbook ii and Focusrite Scarlett 2i4.

I use a 2012 Macbook Pro 15' along with a Xone:22 mixer and Traktor X1 Kontrol.

I'll mainly be using the interface for dj-ing plus recording guitars and bass parts for tracks.

I'd really appreciate any advice you guys could provide.

Cheers!

Tech Guru

This microbook II seems really nice, difficult choice here...
    Comparing prices the MOTU Microbook II is $249 and the Focusrite Scarlet 2i4 is $191 at www.amazon.com
    I would go for MOTU although Focusrite is claimed to be really good too, the thing that I don't know is if there is any difference in quality between Focusrite's Scarlet and Saffire interfaces, anybody knows?

Tech Mentor

Saffire are usb 1.1 Scarlett 2.0.
    I spoke with a sound ingeneer because five days ago I had to do the same choice. He says that focusrite preamp add some grain to the sound so if you want to record go for motu in all case. I personnally receive my motu microbook 2 yesterday and it feel very good quality for the few minuts I try it before I see that thegain encoder was broken on this unit. The only bemol I can say is that when I try to put the card in 96k instead of 44k to play with some of my soundpack the cpu charge was at hundred percent and all the sound was clipping but Im not very good for settings so there surely something I did wrong.

A part all of this Motu seems to have a very good reputation like rme but just a little bit under.