Traktor wiping my tracks!

Default Traktor wiping my tracks!

hey

I remember a few weeks ago there was someone on the forum who posted that whenever they selected a track in Traktor and tried to load it into one of the decks it would wipe the track. It would still appear in the listings, but would have a time of 00.00 and wouldn't play.

I had a search for the thread but couldn't find it again to see if he ever got a solution or worked out what the cause was, but bloody hell, started happening to me last night half way through a gig! :eek:

Firstly, about an hour in to the gig i started getting a bit of crackle on my headphone mix coming out of the Audio 8, almost like the laptop was struggling to play both the main out (mixing internally with pretty much no effects for this gig) and the monitor at the same time, even though its a brand new macbook pro and like normal, there was hardly a blip on the CPU meter.

Looking back I think it may have wiped a track early on and i didn't realise, but about two thirds of the way through the night was when I really noticed it. It wasn't deleting every single track i tried to load, just odd ones here and there. I struggled on for a little but at one point it deleted 4 in a row and I almost didn't get one loaded in time to play cos I was getting a bit flustered trying to think what to play next, and at that point decided to stick on a CD from my pack of emergency CD's that i still bring with me for just such occasions, moved the latency up from 5.5 which its always been solid at to 12 just to see if it'd help and done a restart.

Didn't fix it completely, although it seemed much more stable and I wasn't getting the headphone crackle it still ate one more song before the end of the night.

Thoughts? Gonna pull it out today and have a play with it see if I can work out what the problem was. I can get the songs back no problem I have my full collection backed up in my iTunes on my main everyday PC and also on an external hard drive, but yeah scared me that it happened so easily half way through a gig when its been so solid up until now.

k

Hey kev. Was it deleting them just from the collection or from the HD also?
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

hey

No it wasn't deleting them from either as such, they still apeared in the collection but were some how being corrupted or something when I tried to load them to a track. Their listing in the collection would suddenly change to saying that the time was 00.00 and they wouldn't load.

just gonna start it up now and try and see whats happening.

k

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Kevin what exact version of Traktor are you running.
    Do these tracks load after a couple of tries. This was a bug in version 1.1
    Users found that loading a track didnt work but did after 2,3 or 4 attempts.

What file format are they?

hey

nope am updated to version 1.1.2 and tried the tracks loads of times and they wouldn't load.

OK update have set up the lappy and booted it all up and when I called up Traktor, the same handful of tracks were listed at 00.00 on the track listing and wouldn't react or load into a deck, or preview in the wee preview window.

then started up iTunes to see if the tracks would play in that (as everything is listed in itunes and traktor) and they played in that fine

Going back into traktor, I deleted the listing for the broken file, and then went to the iTunes playlists within traktor and reimported them into the proper trackor list track list and they seem to be playing again.

So upside is that it seems to only be the listing of the file and not the actual file itself that is being corrupted, and reimporting it from itunes seems to work. But still worrying that its happening at all, whether its a bug within my system or a bug in Traktor itself, along with the fact that for a while the laptop seemed to struggle putting out the monitor mix as well as the main mix for a while, even though nothing else was running and its a brand new macbook pro.

k

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Do you run Consitency Checker at startup ?
    Just wondering if these tracks are shown as missing in the Traktor browser?
    If they have been moved from a playlist they will show as missing and wont load.

Have you got the first field in Traktor Browser showing if the tracks have the '!' mark next to them.

As for the problem with the laptop not playing the Main/Monitor mix, that sounds like your having Output issues with the soundcard.
    This could also mean that tracks wont play if your soundcard is working intermitantly.

You sure that the soundcard is working fine. What are you using?
    Could be the soundcard and not Traktor or the Mac. Do you have any problems using the onboard soundcard and loading tracks?

Are you on windows 7, I know a old build of it had mp3 tg corruption problem that was fixed fairly quick in updates. I dont think this is your prob I just though I would mention it.