Trigger Finger Help
    Tech Wizard

Default Trigger Finger Help

Downloaded the mapping from the map region of DJTT, Followed the instructions of reseting the trigger finger to factory settings and it is still not recognized by Traktor. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

What happens when you try to get it to work?

In the mapping editor you have to select it as a 'generic midi controller' then set the in/out to the Trigger Finger. I was recently using my Trigger Finger with Traktor but have since sold it, so sorry if this isn't 100% accurate

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JJDShrimpton View Post
    What happens when you try to get it to work?

In the mapping editor you have to select it as a 'generic midi controller' then set the in/out to the Trigger Finger. I was recently using my Trigger Finger with Traktor but have since sold it, so sorry if this isn't 100% accurate
    No worries, yeah I had it set to all the right things because I have used the trigger finger before with the same updates of Traktor and all but with my old macbook but when I tried it on my new pro it would not work. Its not big deal I have an S2 as well as CDJ 350's which are what I normally use but I like to use the Trigger finger when just setting up at a friends house and playing bullshit just to have fun but it would not work and was a bit of a let down.

Appreciate the input though, thanks

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rkelley23 View Post
    Downloaded the mapping from the map region of DJTT, Followed the instructions of reseting the trigger finger to factory settings and it is still not recognized by Traktor. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
    Do you have MIDI in/out ports set for Trigger Finger?

Tech Convert

sometimes if it's a PC the trigger finger will only be recognized by the windowsOS as a "trigger finger" if it's plugged into a USB powered hub first and not directly to the computer...could that be the problem??

also try and figure out what midi channel the triggerfinger mapping you dowloaded transmits on...you can find that info in the midi mapping section of the preferences where it says (command...note...modifiers...channel) it should be right there....then i forgot what buttons to press on the TF to edit the GLOBAL parameters but you slide the control F2 fader up and down to switch between midi channel....make sure its the same as the one your mapping uses

Same happened to my triggerfinger. Another factory reset fixed it for me...