Ableton & X-Session Pro

Default Ableton & X-Session Pro

I've been trying to make myself learn to use Ableton, which has been an aggravating task, to say the least.

Anyway, since I don't have any other controllers at the moment, I wanted to use my X-Session Pro for now (just the knobs and stuff, so I have at least some control).

But I can't get it to work. Ableton sees the X-Session, and when I turn a knob the little midi light in the corner lights up showing that it's receiving midi input. When I put it into the MIDI map mode and I click on something, at the bottom it tells me to move a knob or push a button to map it to a control. But when I turn a knob, nothing happens.

I have it set up right (I think) in Ableton, actually I'll attach a picture to show you what the midi/sync menu looks like.

It's also worth saying that when I press the play/cue/forward/backward buttons on the x-session that it plays a note if I have an instrument loaded.

It works fine in Fruity, but for whatever reason I just can't figure Ableton out. Also, I'm using the demo version of Ableton 7.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Turn the "Remote" buttons in the midi menu on for the X-sessions Pro and you will then be able to Assign then to whatever knobs you want to use with the midi learn.

For you instruments if you dont want them to play when you hit buttons, then turn the "Midi In" off on the midi track.

I use the xsessions pro with ableton6 along side a trigger finger and they work well together.
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Excellent, that fixed it. Thanks a lot man!
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

no problem
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .