High CPU HELP!!

Thread: High CPU HELP!!

Tech Mentor

Default High CPU HELP!!

Hey Guys,
    Recently my Hp Pavillion DM4 beats editiong has had an extremly high cpu while traktor is open it never used to do it, its only recently, i have gone through and deleted heaps of programs i dont need or use and its still really high and sometimes in traktor tracks will start to stop and buffer mid through a track, I have run a security scan using norton and have defraged my computer please someone help , i have a gig this friday and need this problem resolved thanks
    Numark mixtrack - Numark DJ IO Sound card - Akai lpd8 - Traktor pro 2 - Senheiser HD205

Tech Mentor

Make sure that traktor is the ONLY program running. No other programs. Deleting programs wont do much for your speed. Make sure you have 10+ gigs available on your Hard Drive. Anti-virus can slow down your comp as well. Turn off your bluetooth and internet connection before the gig and make sure you antivirus isn't running a scan or something. The more icons you have in your desktop the slower you computer runs. Clean off your desktop if you can. Upgrading your RAM might help with this too.

Make sure you're restarting your laptop at least everyday to clear the RAM/Cache, have multi-core processor support turned on in settings, have at least 10 gigs of free HDD space and get rid of any programs you don't absolutely need. Check in task manager how many processes are running, it should be as limited as possible and finally, ensure the fan for your laptop is running properly. If your CPU is over heating, it will slow everything else down.

that load bar in the top is not your CPU load, it is your audio load. Try lowering your latency. Messing around with those settings should fix it for you.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    that load bar in the top is not your CPU load, it is your audio load. Try lowering your latency. Messing around with those settings should fix it for you.
    Why is this the generic response. He said his traktor use to do just fine (Plus technically lowering his latency would make it worse He needs to the opposite direction for the quick fix lol). This is like saying "Up your latency, as you gunk up your machine more, Up your latency, once you are up to 30ms, reformat and repeat"

Sounds like you have just been infesting the laptop with various programs that start up with your machine, degradation in the registry, spyware etc, and quite possibly driver conflicts resulting from anything new installed.

Defragging wont help, uninstall programs wont help. These are simply things that are already on the HDD and in almost all cases wont affect the application that is currently loaded.

msconfig first and see whats start up with your computer, then I would look into using MalewareByte,. Spybot etc.

Last piece of advice, use a separate computer for your personal computing needs if possible :P Gunk that one up and leave your gigging machine in peace.