Beginners controller, 500$ budget. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Check out the Pioneer DDJ-S1 or Reloop Terminal Mix 2 or 4 depending on how many decks you want. Both run Serato and are in your price range. Cant really tell ya how good they are since I haven't tried either out. But I do know it's better then a Numark Mixcrap Pro
    :: Maschine MK2 :: MF SPECTRA :: Novation Launchpad :: Moog Little Phatty Stage II :: MBP 13.3" i7 2.9GHz Turbo 3.6GHz 8GB ::

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Vesppk View Post
    Yes im comparing them as i said im new to all hardware stuff. But my opinion is one, ill also compare ferrari and mitsubishi in racing. I dont see anything wrong in it. But please, enlighten me. The build quality? Or is something wrong with numark, beacause i read a lot of internet reviews and on both side they r positive.
    Driving a ferrari is completely different from driving the nicest evo. I don't care if the performance is the same, it is about the way it feels. Pioneer will FEEL better even if the sound output is similar (although they won't be, most likely). Its about little (or rather big) differences in the way a knob feels. Or to liken it to the driving, it is about the way the car connects with the road or how the gearbox is seamless instead of notchy.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

This Mixtrak Pro 2 seems pretty solid. I'm impressed.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dfinch805 View Post
    Driving a ferrari is completely different from driving the nicest evo. I don't care if the performance is the same, it is about the way it feels. Pioneer will FEEL better even if the sound output is similar (although they won't be, most likely). Its about little (or rather big) differences in the way a knob feels. Or to liken it to the driving, it is about the way the car connects with the road or how the gearbox is seamless instead of notchy.
    Didnt think in that way. Might be true. So finally im thinking about ddj-sx, ddj-s1 there is 100$ difference so i probably ill go sx. But what makes me sad is time i will have to work, untill ill get one of them ;c.
    Comparing those two sx wins in every aspect?
    Does anyone know if pioneers are cheaper in asia?
    Anyone tried How to digital dj fast tutorial by DjTechtools? Is it worth to buy?

Tech Wizard

Hercules RMX2 or Hercules 4mx maybe worth a look at. They are small but built like tanks. Nice metal controller with a built in soundcard. I have owned a Hercules RMX1 for over 3 years now. It is small but I find it's layout is not overly cramped but thats just me.

Yeh if your not going to get the ddj-s1 off of eBay then def. got for the ddj-sx solid piece of equipment and will have good resale value if need be.
    :: Maschine MK2 :: MF SPECTRA :: Novation Launchpad :: Moog Little Phatty Stage II :: MBP 13.3" i7 2.9GHz Turbo 3.6GHz 8GB ::

Numark NS6 can be had for around $600 and it's a great pro level controller with full Serato DJ included.

Reloop Terminal Mix 2 with full Serato DJ & Video can be had for less than $500.

http://turntablelab.com/collections/...erato-dj-video

Currently $469.

Numark N4 (which I just sold & replaced with the Reloop Terminal Mix 4) Nice intermediate controller can be had for less than $400.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA2150KM4483

Currently $369

My partner has the NS6 and it's a excellent controller. I came very close to buying it to replace my N4 but I got a deal that I couldn't pass up & I picked up a Reloop Terminal Mix 4 and I don't regret it one bit.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345