beats by dr.dre
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: beats by dr.dre

Default beats by dr.dre

new headphones u want studio sound u got it for less than $400 dollars ... I wanna go check em out ... and listen to music with this ...

Tech Mentor

well if his headphones are as good as some of his production work!
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

better be as good as his production for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by earwax View Post
    better be as good as his production for that price.
    Haha right on, i have big respect for Dre even if i dont listen to his stuff that often... however i have my doubts about these...

I would imagine it would be very hard to get a dry sounding production out of using headphones. Dont get me wrong if you had to use headphones that would most likely be the way to go.

for thouse that dont know, normally when you get into serious studio production you would test your songs out on many different sound systems (studio system, good heaphones, crappy head phones, 2.1, 2.0, maybe a car) ect..
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Quote Originally Posted by Krilikz View Post
    I would imagine it would be very hard to get a dry sounding production out of using headphones. Dont get me wrong if you had to use headphones that would most likely be the way to go.

for thouse that dont know, normally when you get into serious studio production you would test your songs out on many different sound systems (studio system, good heaphones, crappy head phones, 2.1, 2.0, maybe a car) ect..
    I don't think many producers go test there tracks on several different systems. I believe they use monitors that have a flat response so that the mastered track will translate(sound good) on pretty much any system. I could be wrong though.
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

Yea well thats what they aim for at first, but then they sometimes will test it on other systesm to see how it sounds.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Theres also monitoring headphones, the pair i dj with at the moment are a pair of decent monitoring headphones. Testing it on many systems is still a given even with monitoring headphones and monitoring speakers, the more the merrier.

And once you have your Dr.Dre headphones you could kit yourself out with this:

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/news/2...justice-jcket/
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Redlight View Post
    I don't think many producers go test there tracks on several different systems. I believe they use monitors that have a flat response so that the mastered track will translate(sound good) on pretty much any system. I could be wrong though.
    When we (me and my producing buddy) test our songs we usually do like this:

1: Test the song with studio monitors. We master our songs as we go along making them since both him and me hate going back to a song and fiddle around with some compression or something like that . However that doesn't mean that we don't go back and change things.

2. Transfer the song(s) to an ipod and test them with a pair of normal ipod earplugs and some other sound blaster in ear things we got.

3. I try it at my computer system at home. And this is usually where the difference is heard. Usually when i play the song in winamp (I'm on PC but we produce on mac) it sounds different. But when i play it in iTunes it sounds good, or how we intended it to sound. Thats more of a software thing than a hardware though. I play the songs with no eq on in either program.

We don't have access to a million dollar studio so we just rely on our ears instead. And if it sounds good at our studio then it will probably sound good at your home stereo, in your ipod and in a club. Don't know about a concert but we aren't quite there yet

As for the beats by dr.dre i just wonder how much he was into the development of these or if he just got a sum of money to put his name on it, cause thats usually how it works. Thats why i don't buy products endorsed by "celebrities".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast