Turntable replacement?
    Tech Convert

Default Turntable replacement?

After a long spell out of djing (about 10 years) I decided it was time to dust off my turntables and start again but, since I needed new faders for my mixer, I decided to spend a bit more and go digital so I bought a z2. I really like the z2 but I've since discovered that my decks aren't really needed (I cant scratch any more and don't have the time to practice again) so I was wondering whether it would be possible to use a midi fighter, instead of my decks, and map the play, stop, pitch nudge buttons etc. to it?

Or is there anything else you could recommend? In hindsight I should've just bought a dedicated controller but you live and learn, plus I do like the feel of the z2.

Sorry if these are stupid questions (and this is the wrong forum) but I'm a complete idiot when it comes to digital djing.

Hey man.
    It's definitely possible to go completely without turntables in this day and age.
    The guy who pretty much set up this place did a, by now, pretty classic mix using just a pair of midi fighters and a mixer.

It's most definitely a different ballpark than the classic TT arrangement, but "midi Dj'ing" is getting to the point where it's almost as much of an artform as turntablism.
    As long as you're willing to put up with sync, it's entirely possible to forego turntables or jog wheels for transport.
    It is much more a matter of setting up how your gear interacts with each other and whatever dj software you're using, but on the plus side you don't have to lug your vinyls around.
    Fixing stuff that isn't broken.