I think I need new RCA Cables for my technics?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default I think I need new RCA Cables for my technics?

So recently i've realized one of tables is hardly outputting any sound out of the left monitor. I'm not sure if its the ground or one of the RCA's. Any suggestions? When I pan to the right monitor it sounds perfect but the left is maybe half as loud. If I need to replace the RCA's im thinking about just doing a full overhaul and self grounding them as well. Any input helps, thanks in advance .

Side note: I have a pair of MK5's if it matters.
    Last edited by BuRdTuRd; 04-08-2013 at 09:19 PM.

sup BuRdTurd:

you sure it's the RCA's? have you tested on another channel on the mixer? swap needles?

are you using timecode on Traktor or Serato? It will tell you if a left or right input not working.

Tech Mentor

Whats good dude? I'll try it on Tsp tomorrow morning. Was playing regular vinyl before. Tried a diff channel, same thing. Needles should be fine, ill try that after I run traktor.

Ensure that its not your needle. Swap needles and clean the contacts.
    Ensure its not your mixer. Try the same turntable on different mixer channels.
    Ensure its not the ground. unplug the ground and hold the contact with your fingers. You should hear a hum variance beteen the two channels (do this in the headphones not wiht your speakers).
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

It could be just the needles couple and uncouple the cartridge it may fix it

Tech Mentor

Clean the contacts on the headshell and the RCAs. Ensure the ground is making contact.

Maybe it's the speaker...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Have a look at the VU meters on the mixer; should be roughly even on both channels. If not, you've got a signal issue somewhere; either in your cabling or in your cartridge/shell. If they ARE even, then the issue is either in the mixer or the speakers.

Might just be the connection between your headshell and tonearm. Bad contact and you will get low output, a wonky timecode signal, or dropouts in the audio signal. Don't lick the contacts, take a pencil eraser, put it inside your tonearm, and twist it around to clean off any corrosion. Blow out any debris, connect your headshell, make sure its seated properly, and see if that makes a difference.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    take a pencil eraser, put it inside your tonearm, and twist it around to clean off any corrosion. Blow out any debris, connect your headshell, make sure its seated properly, and see if that makes a difference.
    Old school tech wisdom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast