Recommend a way to setup CDJ HID without owning a pair of CDJ's
    Tech Wizard

Default Recommend a way to setup CDJ HID without owning a pair of CDJ's

Hi
    I been DJing with my Traktor S2 for a few months now. I wanna start to DJ in clubs but I don't wanna drag my S2 along with me. I seen other DJ's just use usb wires that go from CDJ's to their Laptop. I currently use a Macbook and my Traktor version is 2.6.

Can anyone recommend a good way to setup my computer so it can easily and glitch free connect to a CDJ 2000 or 900 that is found at most clubs now a days. Is the setup the same whether the CDJ is a 900 or 2000? Or should I use them both incase one club is diff then the other? Any feedback on this is appreciated.

Oh and I looked over a few youtube videos related to this subject.

I had the same concern... I went to a local music store (Sam Ash) and they let me set my stuff up on their display gear. I confirmed everything worked correctly. When duty calls, I'll be ready to set my stuff in a club up using HID.
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook

Tech Guru

You must install the CDJ drivers and Pioneer aggregator program if you're on Windows. Bring the CDJ firmware update in the rare case that the CDJs have not been updated to firmware that supports HID.

And bring a backup sound card in case you have problems setting up an aggregate device on the night. Install DJM850/900/etc drivers too if the club has one of those.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

I am on a Mac. I am aware of the aggregator but does it take care of all compatible CDJ's or do I need to do it for each version ? Basically I'm asking is there diff drivers for each Cdj or are they all the same.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Xtian317 View Post
    I had the same concern... I went to a local music store (Sam Ash) and they let me set my stuff up on their display gear. I confirmed everything worked correctly. When duty calls, I'll be ready to set my stuff in a club up using HID.
    Sounds like good advice, gonna stop by there on Saturday.

Tech Wizard

I'm running a mac. Do you know if the CDJ drivers cover all HID models such as 2000, 900 and 400 ? Or all they all separate drivers? Also is there a manual out there that shows what CDJ functions control traktor functions?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Xtian317 View Post
    Great advice. I am going to try Sam Ash this saturday. They seem to have some sort of EDM saturday with classes and such.