Travel Expenses for a "Trial Night"? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    You got to be able to get some of your friends to come out and a support you, just ask one of them for a lift.
    I imagine they'll be expecting you to bring some people along, most places usually do.

I'd keep pretty quiet about your transport issues, like others have said it'll just cause them to look for someone more reliable. I don't drive either, but taxi costs are just part of it. I mean some nights I'll throw away $40-50AUD in taxis getting to and from gigs, but if your getting paid a fair amount it's worth it. No way I'd be asking for anything for a trial, that said I've had 'Trials' where I've done well and been paid in the end as I did a good job. Maybe you'll get lucky?

Make sure you chat to the security, bar staff, management etc... you'll be surprised how many people are willing to give you a lift home if they live in the area. Maybe not a first night thing though

On the brightside, you can have a few drinks after if you get a cab home

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by shr3dder View Post

On the brightside, you can have a few drinks after if you get a cab home
    This! It's gutting sometimes driving to a gig then not being able to stay and enjoy yourself fully afterwards!

Quote Originally Posted by KS2 View Post
    This! It's gutting sometimes driving to a gig then not being able to stay and enjoy yourself fully afterwards!
    Haha I don't drink, so not much of an issue for me 'tis a shame really, most venues here tend to use "drinks vouchers" as a way of essentially paying you less, which I usually end up having to give away

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Cheers for all the input guys Looks like I'll have to beg/bully/bribe someone into giving me a lift or just suck up the cost of the taxis and keep quiet about it lol :P

As for the ridiculously expensive car insurance; I'm 26, but I don't have a licence at the moment, so if I take my test, I'll still only have had the licence for less than a year == stupidly expensive
    everyone has travel expenses. if its not the cost of the Taxi... its the cost of gas in my own car.. As long as what you're getting paid covers your cost of getting there... and gives u a few extra bucks (whatever currency) in your pocket, then you'll just have to suck it up. Maybe you'll get a small raise if you impress! never know
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123