VCI-100SE vs VCI-100 SE Arcade Controller
    Tech Wizard

Default VCI-100SE vs VCI-100 SE Arcade Controller

I'm about to purchase a VCI-100 from Djtechtools.com and wanted a bit of clarification as to why the arcade controller is $300 more?

I haven't got one but I presume it's because it's got custom added (ie someone has had to open it up and hand solder) the arcade buttons which, i understand, are much better in terms of response.

You could just get the SE without the arcade controls and then add them later yourself with the diy kit (which i presume is cheaper that buying it custom made)
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

yeah, maybe i should have a go at soldering ^ ^

also, a bit off topic - but i noticed you used the Audio Kontrol 1, is this better than the presonus firebox?

I've never used a presonus firebox but i rate the audio kontrol 1. Great as a studio soundcard and also really straight forward for digital djing. Solid build for taking to gigs and also has a few midi knobs on it as well. I've even played small parties like bbqs etc just using the audio kontrol 1 (which comes with traktor le - if you haven't got traktor pro).

Cause it is by NI it somehow feels like it was developed with traktor in mind - not that other soundcards dont work just fine too.

I hear good things about the audio 2 dj but it's got rca outs and i wanted balanced stereo jack to use for producing too.

nb this is well off topic :-)
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

haha fuck it, it's my thread

cheers for that mate, does the kontrol 1 lack quality as it's USB not firewire?

The arcade edition is:

way cool
    way fun
    super sweet
    will get you chicks
    will clean your room

totally worth the extra 3 bills imho

Quote Originally Posted by EanGolden View Post
    The arcade edition is:

way cool
    way fun
    super sweet
    will get you chicks
    will clean your room

totally worth the extra 3 bills imho
    LOL!!! I'm still waiting for it to clean my room. The rest is all true!
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

re usb lacking quality... not that my ear can hear. Absolutely crystal with my powered monitors. I'm running krk vxt4s. Mega crisp

http://www.krksys.com/product_vxt.php