traktor scratch to traktor scratch pro
    Tech Convert

Default traktor scratch to traktor scratch pro

Hey what up everyone,
    Im new here, so im not sure if this ? might have already been answered. If so a link to it would be appreciated.

Can I transfer my saved cue points, and loops from traktor scratch to scratch pro, or do i have to set new one's in pro.

thks

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Hey Fella,

Heres what to do.
    First: You need to write the Tags that you have (cue points etc) to the actual MP3s.
    In the Traktor Scratch Browser select ALL your tunes, right/ctrl click and select "Write Tags ASYNC" (you can do this on the Collection Node but its known to work better if you select the tracks manually).
    This will take quite some time.

SECOND: Go into the Traktor Scratch folder and copy the Collection.nml and paste it on the desktop.

THIRD: Open the Native Instruments folder for PRO and rename the collection.nml to collection1.nml (just to be on the safe side) then past in the Collection.nml from the desktop.
    When you start Traktor Scratch Pro it will see the new collection and tell you that its the wrong format (or something similar) click YES to import that collection.
    It will read the tags from the mp3 which 'should' be all your saved cue points etc.

TSP will analyse all your tracks as its adding the new autogrids / transients and gain levels.

That should do it.

Karlos

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

You should be able to save the collection and load it in Traktor Pro. Make sure you write all your tags before you do it.

Edit: Karlos beat me to it

But as a quick note, I turn off the auto-grid function cause, well, I'd rather grid manually. You might want to look into that before you analyze the whole collection. I don't know what dropping the auto-grid would do to your pre-gridded songs.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall