VCI-400: Traktor LE, djay LE, Deckadance LE (Thoughts?)

Default VCI-400: Traktor LE, djay LE, Deckadance LE (Thoughts?)

DJTToolers:

While most of us seem to be waiting around for the DDJ-TX, Vestax dropped a bomb today. What are your thoughts about this?

Personally, I'm pretty excited but want to know more about the features available in the Traktor version. Also, the 400 itself is getting dated and I wonder what other upgrades Bestax has made for these versions or is it just basically the same with their own mapping? If that's the case, will the upgrade be available to current 400 owners? Probably not for free! Also, what does this mean for the EGE?

The djay version is senseless unless they plan on dropping a pro version with four deck control, improved waveforms, and beatgridding.
    MacBook 13" OS10.8.2 / TP2.6.1 / Kontrol X1 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / KRK Rokit5's / V-Moda M100s

Tech Guru

Unless the repainted 400s actually have any hardware/integration improvements, the whole update is a bit pointless.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Unless the repainted 400s actually have any hardware/integration improvements, the whole update is a bit pointless.
    +1. It's hardly a "bomb", they didn't even bother to swap the 4th effect control for a knob instead of an encoder for the Traktor version.

Compared to the other garbage being dropped at this years Musikmesse, it's a bomb. Unless you're excited about Numark's release of a super slim Mixtrack without any EQ knobs? Maybe you're up in arms about your new Mixtrack Pro 2 being outdone by the Mixtrack Quad? Personally I'm real pumped about Pioneer's option to save me a couple hundred dollars by removing a dedicated effect/filter knob per channel, and just combining it all into one shiny knob on the entire four channel mixer.

As I mentioned, many of us in Traktorville are less than thrilled with our controller options these days. Anyhow, I bet EG will release an edition with four knobs if you're short a chroma cap. Perhaps it is like the "boost fx" knob on that new previously mentioned Pioneer mixer which can alter the frequency with which the effect is applied based upon how hard you grip the knob and how quick you turn it?
    MacBook 13" OS10.8.2 / TP2.6.1 / Kontrol X1 / Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 / KRK Rokit5's / V-Moda M100s

Quote Originally Posted by niu02kevin View Post
    Compared to the other garbage being dropped at this years Musikmesse, it's a bomb. Unless you're excited about Numark's release of a super slim Mixtrack without any EQ knobs? Maybe you're up in arms about your new Mixtrack Pro 2 being outdone by the Mixtrack Quad? Personally I'm real pumped about Pioneer's option to save me a couple hundred dollars by removing a dedicated effect/filter knob per channel, and just combining it all into one shiny knob on the entire four channel mixer.

As I mentioned, many of us in Traktorville are less than thrilled with our controller options these days. Anyhow, I bet EG will release an edition with four knobs if you're short a chroma cap. Perhaps it is like the "boost fx" knob on that new previously mentioned Pioneer mixer which can alter the frequency with which the effect is applied based upon how hard you grip the knob and how quick you turn it?
    Tbh, if you think that Vestax's rebadged controllers are the highlight of Musikmesse, you really haven't been paying attention much, have you? And personally, I'm thrilled with the controllers I've got at the moment, and can't wait to pick up a few more like the Jockey 3 Remix and eventually a Maschine (when the price comes down a bit).