New Residency, NEED HELP.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Residency, NEED HELP.

been a while since i have posted in here. so i have been out of town for 6 months visitng parents among other things. anyway i got back last month and have been preparing to secure another residency. i should also note that i live in Ottawa, Canada.

now getting another residency (had one last year) should not be hard for me. but i am wondering what the going rate for a night should be. keep in mind i am a signed musician who has had a residency before and have somewhat of a following in Ottawa?

In the end its not about the money, but bills do exist...

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    been a while since i have posted in here. so i have been out of town for 6 months visitng parents among other things. anyway i got back last month and have been preparing to secure another residency. i should also note that i live in Ottawa, Canada.

now getting another residency (had one last year) should not be hard for me. but i am wondering what the going rate for a night should be. keep in mind i am a signed musician who has had a residency before and have somewhat of a following in Ottawa?

In the end its not about the money, but bills do exist...
    what??

your asking US what they should pay YOU?

meanwhile, keeping in mind that you're a paid and signed musician? and it was only 6 months ago that you had a residency? Im sorry, im just confused, why should we know this info any more than yourself?

There are TONS of variables that need to be included to even give you a roundabout estimate as to what you should make.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    what??

your asking US what they should pay YOU?

meanwhile, keeping in mind that you're a paid and signed musician? and it was only 6 months ago that you had a residency? Im sorry, im just confused, why should we know this info any more than yourself?

There are TONS of variables that need to be included to even give you a roundabout estimate as to what you should make.
    i tend to over prepare for things. i ask questions to things even though i probably know the answer to.

I am just asking what people think a good average should be. what variables do you need??

the main variable is how many people u pull in

Mate, I've asked the same question myself many, many times. Unfortunately, very few other DJs will actually discuss money with you, unless they're 100% sure you're not a threat to their residencies.

What is your soundcloud? Are you playing top 40? What do you do that noone else does? Can you MC? How long are you playing each night? Which nights are you playing? Do you have a wesbsite? How strong is your following? Will you be doing legwork to promote?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    What is your soundcloud? Are you playing top 40? What do you do that noone else does? Can you MC? How long are you playing each night? Which nights are you playing? Do you have a wesbsite? How strong is your following? Will you be doing legwork to promote?
    SOUNDCLOUD: www.soundcloud.com/calgar_c
    GENRE: Trance, Chillout.
    STYLE: Unique blend of trance and chillout, a mix of old school and new. been known to make old people bob there heads. laser harp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmCwOFHa_og
    LENGTH: 4-6 hours
    FOLLOWING: well known in the underground scene, not so much the mainstream scene
    PROMOTION: ME + Manager/Friends promoting. Venue also promoting
    Last edited by calgarc; 04-11-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Mate, I've asked the same question myself many, many times. Unfortunately, very few other DJs will actually discuss money with you, unless they're 100% sure you're not a threat to their residencies.
    i understand that . but hey if i want to pay my bills and want to get anywhere with my music, i gotta cover each corner

Tech Mentor

Charge whatever you think you are worth.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

$200 would be what Id pay you for a 3 hour set. Id say no less than $250 mate. We pay our newbies $50 for one hour sets here.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast