Midi In/Out Audio 8

Default Midi In/Out Audio 8

Sorry if this is common sense to some but....U know the audio 8 midi in port? If I linked the midi out on an xone 1d to the in on the audio 8 would it be recognized as a midi controller on traktor so I could map it as usual?

Or are the midi ports only used for sending midi clocks?

Cheers.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

nope, that's how i used to hook up my midi keyboard. that's exactly it's function is to route it in to your computer.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Nice! So i would need a midi cable and a power supply and no need for a USB for the 1D?
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Your 1D's not going to be recognized like if you plug it in USB... You'll have to activate the midi in of your Audio 8...
    But at the end it's the same thing...
    The only "problem" is that you can't power it without a USB... there's only 1 MIDI port and 1 USB

yeah,

Midi over USB like with the VCI is a relatively new thing, for the majority of the time the midi in and out ports that are on the Audio 8 are the types of connections you would have had to use to connect your gear together. They've been included on the Audio 8 so that you will be able to use any equipment to control traktor that just has normal MIDI ports and not USB style midi connection.

It will be a little more complicated though. Firstly as said you'll have to activate the midi in and out on the audio 8 itself.

Also, part of the extra functionality of the USB midi is what lets your lappy know what device you've plugged in, and because you're now in a normal MIDI port you'll only be sending the basic midi info so you'll loose that. And you'll probably have to go a bit more in depth into programming your own midi maps because, while you can chain up loads (up to 128) devices together and connect them to your lappy you'll have to assign each of them their own midi channels and do a lot of the programming from scratch to get them functioning.

But yeah, if you have a device that will work really well as a controller and it only has a normal midi out connection and no USB then its defo a route to go.

k