What new Headphones should i Get??
    Tech Wizard

Default What new Headphones should i Get??

Im looking to get a new pair of headphones, contemplating between these 2 AIAIAI TMA-1 DJ Headphones Or V-MODA Crossfade LP Over-Ear Noise-Isolating Metal Headphone. What do you guys think of these, or do you recommend anything else?

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

What do you guys think of these, or do you recommend anything else?
    The search function

Tech Wizard

Ill try to help you out as best as I can (as I own both of these)
    They are a bit different for starters as one is over the ear and the other is on ear. MOST people prefer over ear for DJing as it USUALLY provides better sound isolation. However, both headphones sound fantastic.
    Personally, I love my V-Moda's just a little more as they pack an insane amount of punch (especially bass-wise)
    But if you have the chance, listen to them both, borrow them off a friend or something. You will be happy with either pair at the end of the day as they are both fantastic sounding headphones.
    Oh and most people on here will recommend HD-25's as they have been DJ's best friend since the beginning of time
    Traktor Kontrol S2 - Traktor Kontrol F1 - i5 iMac
    2007 MacBook - V-Moda Crossfade LP - Aiaiai TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition

As well as bumping the HD-25s, Im gonna do my usual thing and recommend the HDJ-2000's as I have a pair and love them.\

They are comfortable, give decent sound isolation and I think they have a really good overall response. They are really good in the mid range which I find really useful.
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Ultrasone or GTFO
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Wizard

Ya well thats the thing... i love the style and clarity of the aiaiai's but the vmod's are more convenient for DJ'ing. Hmmmm going to have to try them out asap. Thanks for your inputs.

The TMA 1's are awesome headies, my mate has a set of HD 25's and I find the sound from the TMA 1's is a bit fuller, they are super light and comfortable, and have a basic head band that is solid, they don't look in your face and do the job they were made for, when I first tried them out on my macbook, I had the volume up to far and they actually were bouncing off of my ears from the bass.

I have Ultrasone DJ1Pros, Sennheiser X Adidas HD25's & Aiaiai TMA-1's and I prefer TMA-1's, though they're all very good.