Hercules DEEJAY TRIM 4&6 or Native instruments Audio 4?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hercules DEEJAY TRIM 4&6 or Native instruments Audio 4?

They both have preamp for the phono imputs, so i can use both of them with my turntable, but which is better?

Tech Guru

Audio 4 if you use Traktor. Hercules if not.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Audio 4 is better. I have the Numark Virtual Vinyl soundcard which I am inclined to believe that the herc is a copy of. It won't have the best sound if it is the same. And the Herc won't work with traktor, however, the Audio 4 card will work with anything but Serato. I have an Audio 8 which is the same as the Audio 4 and it's great, although the newer windows drivers have given me trouble running on an ATI system, older drivers are fine though.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

no experience with the hercules kit, but i can say my audio 4 was an amazing piece of gear.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I don't see any point of not buying either Serato SL3 -box or Native Instrument's Audio4/6/8/10 if you plan ever using TSP or Scratch Live. If you're only ever using Virtual DJ or other open-DVS-softwares get what does the job. Still NI Audio-boxes are a good choice.

Audio 4 is a way better sounding interface and runs cooler under stress.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

While I own and enjoy using a Audio4DJ I would like to say that I do envy the metering and physical switches on the Hercules.

I would also like to suggest the Electrix Ebox-44 as another contender. It's very similar to the Audio4DJ and it's extremely well priced, great if you're not a Traktor Scratch user. I quite want to pick one up myself but it'd be wasteful, I don't need it.

http://djworx.com/electrix-ebox-44-review/ (note this review has 3 pages though the links to page 2 and 3 are stupidly small and hard to spot. They are at the bottom of the first page above an ad)
    Last edited by MrPopinjay; 04-13-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Wait a second guys, ive got a question... if a soundcard has preamplified phono imputs does it mean that i dont need an amplifier?

no, it just means that the box inputs signal is boosted to line levels and has a ground point so you can run a turntable input through it... You still need an amp to run your speakers, but you could user headphones straight from the soundcard.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    no, it just means that the box inputs signal is boosted to line levels and has a ground point so you can run a turntable input through it... You still need an amp to run your speakers, but you could user headphones straight from the soundcard.
    Oh sure, but i could just use my regular cambridge soundwork speakers ? Oh and btw my mixer has: 1 master, 1 rec output and 1 line, 1 tape, 2 cd and 2 phono inputs... can i still use the timecode with my Turntable and a soundcard?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast