Turn the knob for tha people boy

Default Turn the knob for tha people boy

Comments floating around about this at the moment go something along the lines of..

"YEAH PLAY BUTTON YEAH"

I like Flume, he's a great producer, but this was a 'live' performance, I guess people just expect more.

This is a free gig held each year by Triple J, so the fact people are actually making noise about it is concerning, in a sense Flume is a frontier of next generation australian electronic music and he isn't exactly impressing the audiophiles.

What I've taken from this...

when in doubt, HUMANIMALS to the rescue.

I guess the underlying question is, would you pay money to see this, and when have you paid and received something similar?

and this is why people hate ableton 'performers' (i know there are exceptions)

the track isn't great either

i quite like the track, but kinda agree here. our buddy performs his own tracks with ableton LIVE, not just automated, freeing him up for 4 minutes of air clapping and peter hookery like this chap.

HOOK RATING: 6/10
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    freeing him up for 4 minutes of air clapping
    If a DJ with a big ego does a CDJ or controller set and decides to let the tracks play a little longer than average you get exactly the same result. It's not just ableton.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Getting a keyboard on stage fixes the clapping issue.

I think people where expecting something like a keyboard on stage, as it was a Live set, not a DJ set. I'm sure he could've performed one of the sections live. A lot of electronic artists and even their followers use the excuse of, 'you don't know how much work has gone into the song in the studio', when I'm in a crowd and they're on stage, I couldn't give 2 flying shits, if you are there to perform a show and entertain, do that, don't just think you have a free pass because of your hard work in the studio. Rock musicians do a crap load of hard work in studios and they don't just get on stage and play there songs through a CD player.

Artists also have to realise, they aren't just playing to the so and so amount of people infront of them anymore, you can bet that 90% of gig's are getting recorded via video somehow and a greater majority of people will actually see what you are doing, and if you are being lazy, you are going to get slammed.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    I think people where expecting something like a keyboard on stage, as it was a Live set, not a DJ set. I'm sure he could've performed one of the sections live. A lot of electronic artists and even their followers use the excuse of, 'you don't know how much work has gone into the song in the studio', when I'm in a crowd and they're on stage, I couldn't give 2 flying shits, if you are there to perform a show and entertain, do that, don't just think you have a free pass because of your hard work in the studio. Rock musicians do a crap load of hard work in studios and they don't just get on stage and play there songs through a CD player.

Artists also have to realise, they aren't just playing to the so and so amount of people infront of them anymore, you can bet that 90% of gig's are getting recorded via video somehow and a greater majority of people will actually see what you are doing, and if you are being lazy, you are going to get slammed.
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    If a DJ with a big ego does a CDJ or controller set and decides to push the play button and clap his hands for the entire duration of the track you get exactly the same result. It's not just ableton.
    fixed.