do you need a controller? sketch one!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default do you need a controller? sketch one!

just found this video. i did't really understand how it works, but it does.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOd_r...ives/1511.html

Tech Mentor

im pretty sure thats fake.

i dont buy it.
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

Quote Originally Posted by obsidiance View Post
    im pretty sure thats fake.

i dont buy it.
    Dont discredit to too easily if this is indeed doing what it is doing theres money at stake so it makes sense they would want to hide the workings.

So while i am not totally convinced, its quite possible they are onto something.

Tech Convert

he's not hiding anything you see the camera he is using. the sound card i think is just to throw you off he would be using the camera if he is doing it for real and there is nothing under the paper. im going to make a video similar to this where i draw a keyboard then play some notes then crumple the paper up so you see nothings attached.

Tech Mentor

there is nothing to prove that it's real, there is nothing to prove that it is fake.

it could easily be a hoax, you could have a vci plugged into the laptop and have someone controlling it off camera. there are many ways you could fake it.
    obsidiance » breaks-drum'n'bass-big beats

Tech Convert

it actually looks like there is something under the paper in the video. you are right its an easy hoax. it leads me to believe that people that don't give out any info on what they are doing then it is probably a hoax. how hard is to say on video, how you created the midi controller. keeping it a secret is one thing and defiantly doesn't make you cooler in my book if you do keep it a secret. there is more power in sharing knowledge i think.

Tech Convert

there are on youtube movies how they do this... paper makes it possible that light is coming through. under it is a webcam connected to the pc/mac. so the webcam receives light signals. And atleast you just need software to replace the signals into commands

lay a Pamela Anderson pic on the surface and use her boobies to scratch. Hell Yeah
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Im pretty sure this is just a viral ad for the Da Scratch...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast