Slipstreamed windows ISOs optimized for djing ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ok, update: Got the spikes in serato. Two tracks are loaded on A and B, but NEITHER OF THEM IS PLAYING.
    The hell?!?
    In resource monitor "system interrupts" shows in the top spot for cpu usage, description: "deferred procedure calls and interrupt service routines", and it shows up with 0 threads...
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Tried disabling ACPI in Device Manager? And Hyperthreading in BIOS?

Which issues are you having right now?
    No help... Hyperthreading cannot be disabled in bios , tried deactivating the logical processors to no avail... Still the same problems.
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

DDPC latency...try installing different GFX drivers. Perhaps your computer manufacturer releases OEM ones or you could try some older drivers. I had this problem with my nVidia chipset on my old laptop.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 04-20-2013 at 06:42 PM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Both Traktor and Serato are amazing pieces of Digital Djing software but to be honest, as a graduate software engineer i can tell you that they are so badly optimized for the windows platform that quite frankly its hilarious that they are considered "Compatible with Windows". I've had both programs running on 4 different Windows setups with various hardware configurations and from what i can tell, getting either program to run on windows consistently without crashes is essentially a fluke. There's a reason every dj who is apparently "Worth their salt" uses a mac, not because the hardware is any better, but the software has been designed around the BSD operating system. As for your question about slipstreamed windows ISO's, i highly recommend using a pretty common digital platform known as the Pioneer CDJ range. Works best with just taking flash drives and cd's to gigs. less hassle to setup and typically, crash free!

Tech Wizard

Do you have accurate chipset drivers? Easily overlooked and can cause issues. You could also try using the exact drivers that are shipped with the unit. That may matter, may not. I'd guess it's a driver problem if anything - if it were hardware it would be more consistent. But for what its worth you could try Memtest86 for the memory, Prime95's torture test for a combo of both, and whatever WD tools are available for the drive. But again, this may be a waste of time and it doesn't sound like a direct hardware issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Theghostwhowalks View Post
    Both Traktor and Serato are amazing pieces of Digital Djing software but to be honest, as a graduate software engineer i can tell you that they are so badly optimized for the windows platform that quite frankly its hilarious that they are considered "Compatible with Windows". I've had both programs running on 4 different Windows setups with various hardware configurations and from what i can tell, getting either program to run on windows consistently without crashes is essentially a fluke. There's a reason every dj who is apparently "Worth their salt" uses a mac, not because the hardware is any better, but the software has been designed around the BSD operating system. As for your question about slipstreamed windows ISO's, i highly recommend using a pretty common digital platform known as the Pioneer CDJ range. Works best with just taking flash drives and cd's to gigs. less hassle to setup and typically, crash free!
    Yeah OS optimization seems to be the problem, but still, i would understand it not working properly on a c2d, but on an i7?

Also, answering the slipstreaming question with "buy cdjs" doesn't help me a lot now does it
    I don't have money to buy 2000's or 900's, and i wouldn't settle for less because of the low feature count on more basic models (call me snob, but IMO my ddj-sx has more features than a pair of 850ks)
    Serato and traktor have everything i need, but damn the programmers -.-

Quote Originally Posted by jhoward06 View Post
    Do you have accurate chipset drivers? Easily overlooked and can cause issues. You could also try using the exact drivers that are shipped with the unit. That may matter, may not. I'd guess it's a driver problem if anything - if it were hardware it would be more consistent. But for what its worth you could try Memtest86 for the memory, Prime95's torture test for a combo of both, and whatever WD tools are available for the drive. But again, this may be a waste of time and it doesn't sound like a direct hardware issue.
    I updated everything. I will try replacing the HD with the old 320gb one that came with the laptop (all original drivers on there), that might "solve" the problem..
    Prime is completely stable, haven't tried memtest yet

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I updated everything. I will try replacing the HD with the old 320gb one that came with the laptop (all original drivers on there), that might "solve" the problem..
    Prime is completely stable, haven't tried memtest yet
    Before swapping drives try any add on cards if applicable and USB devices. It may also be USB drivers not reading accurately (Both on devices and within the actual motherboard), Windows 7 has a weird habit of not picking up high speed USB 2.0's from time to time (Both in the GUI and via drivers). I would actually peg it here, but I can't say for sure since this is such a random issue (Been fixing/diag'ing for years and never had any interrupt problems crop up). The hard drive wouldn't seem like the issue to me unless there are signs of slowing, issues with any other software, read and write speed lag and so forth. All else fails direct yourself to Toms Hardware if you haven't already and start firing away on their forums. The guys there put me to shame and will likely have you sorted out in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoward06 View Post
    Before swapping drives try any add on cards if applicable and USB devices. It may also be USB drivers not reading accurately (Both on devices and within the actual motherboard), Windows 7 has a weird habit of not picking up high speed USB 2.0's from time to time (Both in the GUI and via drivers). I would actually peg it here, but I can't say for sure since this is such a random issue (Been fixing/diag'ing for years and never had any interrupt problems crop up). The hard drive wouldn't seem like the issue to me unless there are signs of slowing, issues with any other software, read and write speed lag and so forth. All else fails direct yourself to Toms Hardware if you haven't already and start firing away on their forums. The guys there put me to shame and will likely have you sorted out in no time.
    Tried, even uninstalled all the usb devices then reinstalled them one by one (card reader, usb ports, webcam), but nope, problm still there.
    USB ports are cool, no dropouts, i guess it's an OS problem..
    HD is squeaky clean , defragmented and has 500gb free.
    I'm actually a quite active member on tomshw, i'll try asking those guys (even tho most of them probably don't have experiences with djing software..)

Tech Wizard

RE.. TOPIC

I have used nlite stripped down versions of windows xp pro with slipstreamed service packs, drivers etc. on both my dj pc´s running tsp2.6.1
    check these links. if you are interested
    Depending on the version of Windows used and the language selected, the ISO file can be as small as 172MB.
    The installation on the harddrive takes about 550MB before installing the drivers.
    After clean installation, there are only 17 or 18 running processes.
    The amount of RAM used by Windows is about 100MB before installing the drivers.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/micr...led-guide.html

http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/

yes I know traktor is not supported in xp anymore, but it can still be fixed

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast