NI Komplete Audio 6, inputs 3/4 problem
    Tech Wizard

Default NI Komplete Audio 6, inputs 3/4 problem

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect the RCA record out on my mixer to inputs 3 and 4 on my Komplete Audio 6. The KA 6 only has 1/4" balanced inputs for 3 and 4, so I got some RCA to 1/4" TRS adaptors from monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

When I hook it up, I get no audio coming into inputs 3 and 4 at all.. the LEDs don't come on at all, and the inputs in Traktor don't register anything. These adaptors are fine with the KA 6 though, as I use the same ones for outputs 1/2 and 3/4 to go into the mixer.

I happened to have another mixer kicking around that has balanced 1/4" outs for its master output, so as a test, I ran the record out from my main mixer into a channel on that, and hooked up the master 1/4" outs on the second mixer up to inputs 3 and 4 on the KA 6 using 1/4" cables, and got LEDs and audio input right away.

Anyway.. all that to say, has anyone else had problems using RCA to 1/4" adaptors on the inputs on the Komplete Audio 6?

Thanks!

Tech Guru

For connecting unbalanced signals to balanced inputs, you need to ground the cold input. Otherwise you end up cancelling out your input signal since it's being input as both hot and cold.

These adapters should work better:
    http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...t=1#largeimage

VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Ah, that makes sense.. I was wondering if non-TRS adaptors would work better. Thanks!