other than DJTT
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: other than DJTT

Tech Wizard

Default other than DJTT

so i made this thread basically to talk about what other forums you guys use/post on besides DJTT, and also what are some of the main sites that you have used or still use as learning resources

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/ - synth forum, dont post much but always very interesting and very very useful when learning about synth tech

http://www.sonicacademy.com/ - new to this one, not on their forum yet, but am finding their material useful, mostly just as a introductory level though, prehaps ill find more as i dig deeper.

http://www.vstcafe.com/ - not a forum, but i find the material interesting and helpful

those are just a few examples ill add more of mine later

Tech Guru

Reddit + NI forums are my other regulars. DJTT has the better interface though.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

This and muffwiggler mostly for music related stuff (plus a few reddit subforums). I occasionally will go on gearslutz but I dislike a lot of the posters there and it's a lot of the same circlejerks and not really very useful.

Muffwiggler is probably the best community of any forum I have ever been a part of, and I've been a part of quite a few, only way it could be better if it was on vbulletin instead of phpbb but that's a minor gripe. This is definitely by far my favorite DJ focused forum and the regulars are great- muffs is just really special and there is a really good level of community and trust and the quality of the average poster is really high. Everyone is incredibly friendly and welcoming to beginners and just really passionate about modular synths. It doesn't matter how many times someone new comes and asks for help on their first modular and no one complains and tells them to search or read the FAQ because there are always many people who enjoy giving help and it is fun to hash out system ideas.

It seems a good chunk of module manufactures (at least for eurorack) post on there and are very active in the community and take feedback on projects on the forum and they solicit feedback and reveal projects as they are developed. There are a lot of well known electronic artists that post there actively too and just post like anyone else (and I know a lot more lurk).

Also the DIY forum there is probably one of the best around for anything DIY synth related and the community in there is almost even tighter with people sharing custom designs for projects and offering group buys on custom PCBs and parts for little to no profit who are eager to help. Something about modular synths are very individual and there is so much depth it seems no topic ever really seems worn out or stale. The BST section there is also really good and active, and it's the only forum I would feel comfortable doing an actual trade where we both send items out at the same time with most of the members there. I just really like muffwiggler if you couldn't tell.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 04-21-2013 at 01:29 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    I occasionally will go on gearslutz but I dislike a lot of the posters there and it's a lot of the same circlejerks and not really very useful.
    THats funny, that reminds me alot of my daily visits here :P

Dj gear and tech: djtt, digitaldjtips.com, djworx.com, createdigitalmusic.com

Music and news: soundcloud, thissongissick.com, dancingastronaut.com, inthemix.com.au, thedailyswarm.com

Happy reading!

i see a lot of people using reddit/djs but idk how people can stand the interface. its just unorganized. not the usual forums that i use.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sicnarf033 View Post
    i see a lot of people using reddit/djs but idk how people can stand the interface. its just unorganized. not the usual forums that i use.
    yeah i have a hard time staying on reddit for to long.... muff is forsure has one of the best 'communities' on the web today.

i also like to say connected to alot of 'remix contest' sites like http://findremix.com/ and beatport among others so that i stay feeling motivated and connected with what people are doing.

http://www.electronicmidwest.com/ - for festivals and news, i always like to look at line ups and find the names of artists i dont know and check them out

djz.com
    My second top site thing. The first being DJTT.
    Algoriddim Djay - Vestax Spin 2 - Numark iDJ Live - iON Audio iDJ2Go
    FL Studio Mobile - Akai Synthstation 25

soundcloud.com/iamwrucebayne
    twitter.com/iamwrucebayne

Abletonlivedj.com

A little slow right now, but some really nice and friendly people there.

Abletonlivedj is the only other one im on. Being only 6 months or so into DJing I have found even the answers to some of my questions that I google dont make 100% sense to me. The guys over there have been real nice and helpful.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast