New Headies!!!

Thread: New Headies!!!

Tech Convert

Default New Headies!!!

After yesterdays session my hdj 1500's now only work in one ear so now i am in the market for a new set of headphones. After searching around i have found the aiaiai tma-1, vmoda m100, aka 267 and the ever present sennheiser hd 25-1. Now what i do need is a well made pair of cans as the last 3 have all dropped to pieces or just stopped working within the 1st 6months (denon, A&H, Sony) so its the build quility as well as a clear sound that i am needing. Any advice from users of the the listed or even some other recommended brands.

*yes i have read the djtt review of the headphones but there is no vmoda m100 or tma-1's.

Ultrasones or gtfo
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Default .

I personnaly have some HD 25 II's and really happy with them !

i think it's the one for DJs, it's really light, you can change every part, very comfortable !

i went for mine cause i saw that a lot of DJs use them, and a lot of some who don't are ether supporting a mark or wearing Beats

But haven't test the others !
    3 x CDJ 2000 Nexus, DJM 900 Nexus, Sennheiser HD 25 II, S-DJ05 Speakers
    Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2010 - Midi Fighter Spectra - Ableton Live 9

TMA-1s or the HD-25s. I have a pair of the TMAs and they are great. Good sound, they fit my head well, and i really like the untra modern look. The HD-25s are comparable, they sound great too, they are built well, even though i think they feel cheap (they aren't, they are just thin so it feels that way) and everything is replaceable relatively cheap. I love my TMAs, but would have no problem switching to the others. Both great pairs.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Tech Mentor

Are you sure it's not just the cable that's gone?
    A new cable or trimming back the 1 u have would be a lot cheaper.

Tech Convert

its deffo the headies, i had the same prob with the 1st pair and had to return them which sent alarm bells ringing luckliy it leaves the left can still working so for the time being i can still play with them or use my Xones.