I am gonna buy a Traktor F1 I am pretty sure, but...

Default I am gonna buy a Traktor F1 I am pretty sure, but...

I keep on alternating between the Midi Fighter pro and the Traktor F1.
    I can get used ones for cheaper than the Traktor, but I think the Traktor is better quality. Since I am a beginner and I want to create music, will there be downloadable sound packs, and tutorials?
    Thanks.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If you sign up for the DJTT newsletter you get free sound packs that you can use with almost any controller.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

id say both quality on the midi fighter and f1 are the same tbh!
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Quote Originally Posted by leatherwork View Post
    I keep on alternating between the Midi Fighter pro and the Traktor F1.
    I can get used ones for cheaper than the Traktor, but I think the Traktor is better quality. Since I am a beginner and I want to create music, will there be downloadable sound packs, and tutorials?
    Thanks.
    Defo do not buy a midi fighter pro, they are hardly supported at all anymore - as soon as DJTT bring out a new MF the old one is usually forgotten - I got my MFP beatmasher and its been sitting un-used on the side for 6 months due to the lack of support or help on issues.

Besides, they are totally different for different things - if you want to use remix decks and fire off samples in Traktor get the F1...if you want to have fun and play around with FX get a MF 3D.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

It all depends on what you plan to achieve with the controller. If the goal is to control remix decks; than the F1 is the way to go. I picked one up about a week ago and I love it. Definitely worth the money and it's a hell of a lot of fun as well.

But if you want to do more beat mashing heavy effects controlling then go for the midi-fighter! You don't necessarily have to get the pro either. I have a Spectra and Classic and they are wonderful.

Quality is guaranteed either way. Native Instruments makes great high quality products. I haven't been let down yet. And the same goes for DJTT as well!
    Last edited by DCONN; 04-23-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Tech Wizard

The F1 is on sale at Guitar Center with a 12% off coupon, but you can price match with ZZsounds and get it for $212.
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

mfPro firmware doesn't support remix decks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    mfPro firmware doesn't support remix decks.
    Exactly. The Spectra does but I'm not really a big fan of how it feels with the remix decks.
    My Music: https://soundcloud.com/dcaxeslinger

17.3" HP Pavillion G7 8 Gigs RAM, NI Traktor Kontrol S2, NI Traktor Kontrol F1, NI Maschine Mikro Mk2, DJTT Midifighter Spectra

You can also map the F1 to have similar effect rolls as the midi fighter. However, you won't be able to cue point juggle as effectively due to the clicky style buttons of the F1.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCONN View Post
    Exactly. The Spectra does but I'm not really a big fan of how it feels with the remix decks.
    For just launching clips and retriggering the Spectra is just fine and things like volume and filters are already mappable so people can use other controllers in combo for that purpose. Although, triggering samples feels much better with the Spectra.