firmware upgrade kit (uk)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard PRISONERS OF TECHNOLOGY's Avatar

Default firmware upgrade kit (uk)

Hi

This is my first post in here (pleasse go easy on me) i've just bought a vestax vci-100 from ebay and it turns out to be loaded with the old firmware 1.0 or 1.1 (the sensor plater problem) i live in englend (UK) is there any where i can get a firmware upgrade kit ? or even better somewhere that can do it ? i've tried to order the upgrade kit from djtt site but after the payment page it resets it self and takes me back to djtt shopping cart page, cancelling my order ?

please can anyone help !!!

Where in the UK are you ?
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

south east, essex

can you save my life ?
    Last edited by PRISONERS OF TECHNOLOGY; 09-03-2009 at 02:59 PM.

try the webstore again- its usually very reliable. If its not working shoot an email to orders@djtechtools.com

finding someone else that has already done the upgrade is a good way to go as well.

Thanks for your reply Ean

i have just sent them an email after trying it (several times) again lol

Hope they can help

if you were local .. which your not was thinking i may be able to help.

What about westend dj in london, they are vestax dealers so maybe able to help you out
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Nah I called up westend DJs a while ago, and they don't have a firmware upgrade kit themselves. They send the units off to Vestax and cost £30 AFAIK and takes about 2-3 weeks.

I ordered the upgrade kit a couple of days ago. I'm not in the country til the 17th, but after that and after I upgrade my own VCI-100 I don't mind lending the kit to others in the area

i managed to order the upgrade kit from djtt store last night, i paid by credit card instead of paypal and it went through without a hitch now its just a matter of waiting for it to arrive !!!

ps ....... (quick question) im a mac user and know hardly anything about pc's (windows) and i know that you have to use a windows computer to do the upgrade !!! i have got a laptop running vista that ive turned on a few times, could i do the upgrade using that ?

I am in Essex just bought the upgrade kit for my v 1.2 VCI 100, hopefully when it arrives i will upgrade and stop my current TSI playing up happy to loan it out once i have done the upgrade, fyi i am on the borders of East London/Essex lol easy to work out where!
    Last edited by Ciar2001; 09-07-2009 at 04:55 AM.

hi ciar

i thought the purpose of the upgrade kit was to put 1.2 or 1.3 firmware on to a 1.1 firmware unit ? or is it just the 1.3 firmware your after beings your already using a unit with 1.2 firmware ? if so what kind of problems do you have with 1.2 ? sorry for all the question its just that ive bought a vci-100 from ebay and knew nothing about the firmware problems
    all i want is for that ramp up problem to be gone so i can bring in a a tune straight away with out it slowing down and throwing it out of sink and to be able to scratch and throw in samples just like i do on a pair of technics turn tables or a cd deck !!! can any one confirm that they have upgraded there 1.1 unit to 1.2 or 1.3 and that it solved that problem ? cant wait for it to turn up, im going to be sooooooooo anxious and nerves upgrading, i just know im going to have a nightmare doing it, lol im itching for a propa scratch up !!! every thing else about the vci-100 i love

ps ....... keep intouch and drop us a line when your upgrade kit arrives ciar, ill do the same
    Last edited by PRISONERS OF TECHNOLOGY; 09-07-2009 at 08:37 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast