F U Soundcloud - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: F U Soundcloud

why would you upload a single track to mixcloud?

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    why would you upload a single track to mixcloud?
    why would you upload a mix to soundcloud?
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Because I pay for the service And this is fist time I've had an issue so if happens again will cancel account.saying a mixed set violates copyright is a gray area especially when dealing with paid tracks. I am not shocked just surprised a set with little to no commercial tracks would be nailed but pop mixes I've posted haven't been

I love how this pops up every once in a while. It's almost amusing in a sad way, "RAAARGH, Im so mad, Soundcloud isnt letting me violate multiple laws in multiple countries, I PAY FOR THE SERVICE I SHOULD GET TO DO WHATEVER I WANT!!"

You're breaking the law, quit complaining that they aren't letting you get away with that just because you pay them.

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    mixcloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    I love how this pops up every once in a while. It's almost amusing in a sad way, "RAAARGH, Im so mad, Soundcloud isnt letting me violate multiple laws in multiple countries, I PAY FOR THE SERVICE I SHOULD GET TO DO WHATEVER I WANT!!"

You're breaking the law, quit complaining that they aren't letting you get away with that just because you pay them.
    ^^Agreed. Just as I said.
    We all know its pathetic. We all know that souncloud became big and popular BECAUSE of djs uploading mixes as well as artists tracks. We all disagree that dj mixes damage the music industry.

BUT, we ALL signed the agreement that stated it is not permitted to upload copyrighted music.
    No-one has a leg to stand on on this matter. No grey area, no exceptions.

And yes they may get it wrong as in the example posted a few posts above. This has zero baring on others that break the agreement with souncloud .

Yeah guys, just take your chances and if you get pinged, so be it .. I actually had a mix rejected last week. I tried re-upping a mix from 3 years ago, a house one. 2 Mixes in 6 years isn't too bad for me, however.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Mentor

Sounds go on Soundcloud, mixes go on Mixcloud. Pretty simple, it happens all the time... I don't know why anyone would risk having their stuff taken down when you already know it's most likely going to happen.

Haha wow totally don't get this here let me break this down

1. I have never had this happen and was asking is this what it looks like when they get tagged as infringing.

2.why does it not say mix contains copy rights material if that is the case.

3. It is a gray area because copyright laws and TOS agreements based around copyright laws are in of themselves a gray area.

Don't really care I they tag them as copyrighted the rate in upload mixes it doesn't phase me. I don not use mix cloud because I did not like the layout of it.

I don't think that message is for copyright infringement - you ususally get a message/email saying why if it's copyrighted - I did at least.

(Shameless plug)

If anyone wants quality cheap hosting pm me
    SC | MC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast