i-Tunes/Traktor Pro Question
    Tech Wizard

Default i-Tunes/Traktor Pro Question

I've been running seperate (un-organized) music folders on my mac for some time now and now I want to get everything organized in i-tunes playlists so that I can simplify searches, tag, and sort by genre etc.. Questions: 1) how do i set up the playlists in Traktor Pro once organized in i-tunes (i'm unsure where to locate these playlists) 2) I want to add an external drive to store my music, how do I switch over I-tunes and Traktor Pro to read my external drive??? Thanks in advance for any help!

Tpro has an integration of the itunes playlists.. you don't have to save and load them separately in traktor..

have you read the itunes power tips on the main page?

http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/12/0...es-power-tips/
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/12/1...wer-tips-pt-2/
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/03/1...r-tips-part-3/
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Before you start you need to sort out your itunes organisation. How deep are you with playlists?

Basically you need to get itunes to reorganise your library. Copy all your music files to one place. Including what you have in your itunes.

Once all music is copied into one folder (say on your desktop), I would then delete all the music in your itunes.

Then make sure you have both boxes ticked in itunes preferences "copy music..." and "keep library organised"

Then copy all the music back in to itunes and let itunes organise it for you.

Then click on file>show duplicates and delete all duplicates. then start using smart playlists to organise your music.

Hope that makes sense

Mxx
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Thx...my itunes is now fairly well organized now so now I want to put all my tracks in an external drive. How do I link itunes and Traktor Pro w/ my external drive? Do I change the Traktor Pro root folder link or the iTunes link in the Traktor Pro Data Mngmt section??? Or link the location in iTunes itself? Kinda confused here. Thx again

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L View Post
    Thx...my itunes is now fairly well organized now so now I want to put all my tracks in an external drive. How do I link itunes and Traktor Pro w/ my external drive? Do I change the Traktor Pro root folder link or the iTunes link in the Traktor Pro Data Mngmt section??? Or link the location in iTunes itself? Kinda confused here. Thx again
    I'd suggest both tbh iTunes needs to know where it's music is stored, as does TP
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers