help with DDJ SX and tractor
    Tech Convert

Default help with DDJ SX and traktor

Hello, I'm a complete beginner when it comes to DJ'ing. I have used Traktor Pro for a while now with my mouse and keyboard, and just got my DDJ SX. I absolutely dislike Serato DJ, therefore I want to get the Viper Mapping.
    I have however no clue how to load it into Traktor. Also, is it right I have to put my DDJ SX into a certain mode?

I looked and I kind of got it to work, however are the roll, slicer and sampler mode not working. I can't activate them. I feel like i did something wrong when trying to run the DDJ SX in the "pioneer utility modus". Also am I not sure how I am supposed to do that. Do I unplug the USB cable --> put ddj sx in standby --> hold play + shift --> start the ddj sx while holding it --> let go of play + shift --> connect usb cable --> start traktor and load midi file --> put ddj sx in standby mode to safe it --> turn it on again.... thats how i understood it but im not really sure if im doing it right

Help would be greatly appreciated as I am really frustrated right now :/
    Last edited by chiropracTOR; 04-25-2013 at 03:36 AM.

to set it to )other midi mode) power it off dissconnect the USB cable. now press shift+play while prowering on the DDJ SX when loaded see if the left temop range is lid, if it's not press it so it's lid. now power it of plug in the usb and power it back on. It's now ready for traktor.
    To import the viper TSI(mapper) go the preferance and at the butten are 3 buttons prees the import button. locate the viper tsi file.
    before you import the tsi make sure you uncheck the favorite option or all you favorit folder in the browser get set to Vipers folders.

now if you have a Mac you should be set to go. but if your on a Windows computer you will need to go into Preferance -> Controller manager and in the dropdown menu for devices you need to select each of the DDJ SX in the list and set the in-port out-port to ddj sx.

one more thing if you havn't setup the audio you you press the audio setup and select Pioneer DDJ SX and go to output rutin set it to internal mixing
    set output monitor L to 3 and R to 4 then set output master L to 1 and R to 2
    this should be all
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    but if your on a Windows computer you will need to go into Preferance -> Controller manager and in the dropdown menu for devices you need to select each of the DDJ SX in the list and set the in-port out-port to ddj sx.
    This. I had problems the first time i set my ddj up with traktor because i didn't select all of the in-out ports
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Default You're a lifesaver...Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    ...but if your on a Windows computer you will need to go into Preferance -> Controller manager and in the dropdown menu for devices you need to select each of the DDJ SX in the list and set the in-port out-port to ddj sx.
    After about 4 hours of searching the net for clear instructions on the complete process (I had to take bits and pieces of information from various sites), I was about to give up and go back to Serato
    (which would have meant that the $80 I spent on Traktor Pro would have been a waste of money)

Just had to complete my registration on this site so I could say Thank You very much...wish I would have found this thread and your response a couple of hours ago!