Bought a technic and....... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

If you want that deck looking nice, strip it down, sand all the metal parts, and give it a piano black finish. While your at it, new blue LEDs, and a full cleaning of the dots around the platter. You can turn it around and sell it for profit if you do it right, and put that $$ towards newer decks. Or keep the piece of art you just refurbished.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

power coating them is pretty cheap, i did some check my profile

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_JCohh View Post
    Is there anything I can do ... That looks professional
    put some shoes on?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Speaking of lighter fluid - it is AWESOME for cleaning your records with...
    Do you guys really do this or are you just messing around? Please don't do this, unless you have something sticky on the record that you can't get off otherwise. If you do use it, follow up by washing the record with distilled water and a light detergent (or Discwasher or something made for records). Lighter fluid will leave them glossy looking but I'd be worried that it would eat through the vinyl. It's probably a good way to remove the label so you can't tell which record is which if that's your thing.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Do you guys really do this or are you just messing around? Please don't do this, unless you have something sticky on the record that you can't get off otherwise. If you do use it, follow up by washing the record with distilled water and a light detergent (or Discwasher or something made for records). Lighter fluid will leave them glossy looking but I'd be worried that it would eat through the vinyl. It's probably a good way to remove the label so you can't tell which record is which if that's your thing.
    Lighter fluid won't eat through vinyl, it's not strong enough. Plus it evaporates in seconds, which is why it's so useful for cleaning stuff with. Water leaves a residue - even distilled water - and collects dust and particles from the air, leaving them deposited on the surface. Lighter fluid evaporates before anything has a chance to settle.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Lighter fluid will leave them glossy looking but I'd be worried that it would eat through the vinyl. It's probably a good way to remove the label so you can't tell which record is which if that's your thing.
    Does not eat through labels either.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    If you want that deck looking nice, strip it down, sand all the metal parts, and give it a piano black finish. While your at it, new blue LEDs, and a full cleaning of the dots around the platter. You can turn it around and sell it for profit if you do it right, and put that $$ towards newer decks. Or keep the piece of art you just refurbished.
    Think I'm gunna do this over the summer, when you say give it a piano black finish, what would I use? I'm sure there's a thread on here for doing it so no worries if you don't know I'll figure it out.

Thanks everyone for contributing here, much appreciated!
    13" MBP 4GB RAM // Kontrol S4 // MF3D // V-Moda LP II's // Rokit 6's // Sony MDR-V700's

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    put some shoes on?
    Hahahah this actually made me lol.
    13" MBP 4GB RAM // Kontrol S4 // MF3D // V-Moda LP II's // Rokit 6's // Sony MDR-V700's

Tech Guru

Gonna be picking up a pair of technics this weekend too!

Gonna have to do a bit more work than you though :/

Send them to a powder coaters. You can paint them yourself, but a proper paint booth with look so much more professional.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast