Traktor mappings for the Ableton Push
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor mappings for the Ableton Push

Has anyone who received their controller yet done so? I just purchased mine with the intention of using the push as a Traktor controller along with my timecode setup. Just looking for ideas on what anyone else may have done

Hilarious!

It seems like people are in to mapping the encoders in a fashion similar to the Maschine factory mapping for Traktor or the X1. It's nice to have that visual feedback - unfortunately, Push's display is only text-based, and your hands are going to be in the way of you seeing what you're doing, but it's still something.

It would be worth looking at the mappings some have done with other grids (APC40, Launchpad, Base, etc, etc) and Traktor.

Do you beat juggle at all?

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Blak Majik View Post
    Has anyone who received their controller yet done so? I just purchased mine with the intention of using the push as a Traktor controller along with my timecode setup. Just looking for ideas on what anyone else may have done
    Once my Push arrives, I'll be doing the same thing (in addition to learning Ableton), so excited

I'm thinking that the pads have potential for the remix decks and for cuepoint juggling. Once you map that, there's tons more buttons for basically every important feature. Definitely a lot of flexibility for people to come up with interesting mappings.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Hilarious!

It seems like people are in to mapping the encoders in a fashion similar to the Maschine factory mapping for Traktor or the X1. It's nice to have that visual feedback - unfortunately, Push's display is only text-based, and your hands are going to be in the way of you seeing what you're doing, but it's still something.

It would be worth looking at the mappings some have done with other grids (APC40, Launchpad, Base, etc, etc) and Traktor.

Do you beat juggle at all?
    That is how I'm trying to approach this mapping. I opted for the push over the maschine mk2 simply because there are more buttons, and as such, a good chance that I can fit a lot of instant gratification effects on the grid, along with cues, etc.

And yes I juggle

Tech Mentor

Potential for remix decks? Yes if NI wants to open that up.. if not, that seems like a very expensive "traktor controller"

That is how I'm trying to approach this mapping.
    You could use the factory mapping I mentioned (you have it if you have control editor) and just change the CCs to match your Push to start out with.

I opted for the push over the maschine mk2 simply because there are more buttons,

And yes I juggle
    I think that for turntablists, it pays to combine scratch control with cue points. Consider dedicating at least 4 buttons Z2-style - to control cue points on track decks AND remix deck slots on remix decks, with an ability to switch deck foci. I sometimes like to mix really fast, and use a lot of load markers, so I would be interested to see some macros that you could come up with (beyond the instant gratification concept). My old Maschine mapping had pads that would do a bunch of things in one go such as loading the next track in the playlist, setting its filter to filter out the kick and bass, and reset the tempo for the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    I think that for turntablists, it pays to combine scratch control with cue points. Consider dedicating at least 4 buttons Z2-style - to control cue points on track decks AND remix deck slots on remix decks, with an ability to switch deck foci. I sometimes like to mix really fast, and use a lot of load markers, so I would be interested to see some macros that you could come up with (beyond the instant gratification concept). My old Maschine mapping had pads that would do a bunch of things in one go such as loading the next track in the playlist, setting its filter to filter out the kick and bass, and reset the tempo for the deck.
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'd like to transfer my Z2 workflow into a midi controller I can bring with me to clubs gigs and performances where it doesn't make sense to bring my Z2 with me.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Push has a ton of mapping potential...

Tech Convert

I've made a mapping for Traktor, the video is here:

And the .tsi is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3bfwgbghg7x7d2/PUSH%20v1.tsi

Hope it's what you're looking for!
    Last edited by dschroeter; 05-19-2013 at 03:05 PM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Dude are you re-uploading the video? Says it's been removed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast