Selling my 1210s has reduced my mixing ... - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I can definitely understand the the first poster's sentiments and I've not even started using vinyl yet. I loved my S2 which was the first thing I bought but moved onto CDJs. I go back to my S2 to record mixes with Traktor and it's no where near as fun. I definitely understand the 'lifeless' feeling. I'll probably end up using a Timecode setup, whether that be with turntables or CDJs, to get the best of both worlds.

I have 4 x Technic 1210s and they sit there doing nothing - I moved over to digital because I felt it was time to push my creativity forward. I need new music and new technology to do that and I felt vinyl was too limiting. I had been mixing on it for 10 years though.

Alot of posts I read on here is people overthinking about things - stop worrying about what others think, do what makes you happy in life - if you love vinyl then play it. If you love digital then play it.
    13" Macbook Pro i7/8gb/750gb :: Traktor S4 + F1 + Pro 2 :: Allen & Heath DB4 :: Allen & Heath K2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Midi Fighter Pro (BM) :: Midi Fighter 3D :: Pioneer RMX1000 :: DJM800 :: 2 xCDJ1000mk3 :: Beats Pro + Beats Studio

Yeah... sorry guys, I figured after an hour or so, those questions were gonna draw some flack. As I said before though, those are honest questions for me. I dunno... Either the BR Sven Vath set ruined me or I am looking for a reason to let RGAS set in.... or both...
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

I'm in the same boat. I have a setup with a pair of 1210's and a DJM 800 that I used to use for gigs, but since it was never wired together at home, I never used it since set up ate up any motivation and creativity I had. I went out and got an S4 so I could play at home after that. It was an amazing piece of kit and I loved what it did, but it just wasn't as much fun for me as the 1:1 setup that decks gave me. I ended up selling my S4, getting a DJM T1 for my gig kit, and now my 800 is my home setup to use with a couple of CDJ's and a turntable. Feels a LOT more fun for me now.

As for some of the comments in this thread, who cares about the negativity. If a person looks down on you for preferring the way that makes this hobby/job more fun, they've lost sight of the reason we are all supposed to be doing it, and their opinion isn't worth much of anything in that department anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Cheers.

They aint monitors, 15 year old Wharfedale HiFi speakers (Diamond 7.1), run through an even older NAD (SIA 310) HiFi Amp. Does me fine if I'm honest. MAY upgrade to some KRK's at a later date, but probably not.
    Pretty sure KRKs would not be an upgrade at least in terms of sound quality (though I guess it depends which KRKs you get). But I'd expect your wharfdales and your amp to outperform my Rokit 6's.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Pretty sure KRKs would not be an upgrade at least in terms of sound quality (though I guess it depends which KRKs you get). But I'd expect your wharfdales and your amp to outperform my Rokit 6's.
    Oh right. So I would have to spend serious money to actually upgrade then. Like I said, I probably won't upgrade the gear anyway. Well, I "may" upgrade the speakers, as I have a bit of a B&W fettish, so might replace them with B&W 686's or 685's at some point.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Mentor

I understand the OP. I recently got back into vinyl again and it's much more fun imho. But I just need the fix once in a while
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

I have always and will always keep my turntables closest to the mixer. I love my vinyl way too damned much man. Plus its nice flippin a switch and mixing wihtout having to power on the laptop and booting traktor up.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

I used the S4 with timecode for a bit. Worked fine for me, but I don't scratch (worth a damn.) But yeah, every time I offer to bring the Techs to a gig, 8 out of 10 times they go for it. Most get really excited to know an actual DJ will be there - that's just their perception, of course, I don't mind playing a controller at all. But, people enjoy seeing something for their DJ cash, I think. Plus, it helps to dilute the Serato Face effect just a little. I just got a new black coffin because it is becoming more frequent, for me. Sad thing is, they actually had to build it to order -

Denon SC 3900 are about as much fun as real Techs, and not nearly as fussy, FWIW.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    if you love vinyl then play it. If you love digital then play it.
    The answer to all these retarded "vinyl vs digital" arguments

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast