IEM's
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IEM's

Default IEM's

Hey all!

Being 18 and still having my hearing and wanting to DJ/Producer for the long term, I would REALLY like to keep my hearing.

I have a 20% off coupon for the DJTT Store and will be buying a few other things already and thought about dropping this pair of IEMs in to my cart as well, because for 240$ why not?

Has anyone here ever owned or used these??? I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.
    Last edited by ProfessorStrangeman; 04-28-2013 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Made the link more obvious.

I have a set of V-moda LP, Xone: XD2-53, and the UM2's. In my opinion the UM2's are, by far, the most balanced, enjoyable and comfortable to use. They deliver a clear high frequency without being over bearing and harsh. When fitted right (like all IEM's need to be) they also give a nice sharp representation of bass. I will find new sounds and little nuances in songs that I thought I knew, with the UM2's all the time.

great piece of kit, I'd highly recommend them

for their price they are the one of the highest ranking pairs overall, and the highest under $300.
    http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/mult...03-31-13-p-659

add a pair of comply foam tips and you'll have musical pillows sitting in your ear canal
    http://www.complyfoam.com/?gclid=CJ6...FYU-Mgodr1IAMg
    Last edited by DarioJ; 04-28-2013 at 11:03 PM.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    add a pair of comply foam tips and you'll have musical pillows sitting in your ear canal
    http://www.complyfoam.com/?gclid=CJ6...FYU-Mgodr1IAMg
    What pair of tips would you recommend for the UM2's?

Thanks for all the information! Much more insight than I've been finding.

You're going to get 10 different types of tips that come with the UM2's. Try them out and see which ones you like the best. Personally I liked the triple flanged plastic tips (I lost one) and the ones that most resembled the tx-100 (http://www.complyfoam.com/products/Tx-100/).

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    You're going to get 10 different types of tips that come with the UM2's. Try them out and see which ones you like the best. Personally I liked the triple flanged plastic tips (I lost one) and the ones that most resembled the tx-100 (http://www.complyfoam.com/products/Tx-100/).
    So if I'm used to just standard earbud tips should I just go for broke and go for these?
    Last edited by ProfessorStrangeman; 04-29-2013 at 09:59 AM.

I use something similar with my SE425's, very comfortable. The key with any IEM is that you get a nice tight seal in your ear canal, or else you get no low end at all. The trade off comes with trying to balance that snug fit with comfort, so you might need to try a few different tips that come with the ones you buy to see what style works best. An earlier pair of IEMs that I used had more confortable flanged tips, but this pair is more comfortable with the rounded foam tips. Experiment and see what works for you before you spend money on other tips IMVHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post
    I use something similar with my SE425's, very comfortable. The key with any IEM is that you get a nice tight seal in your ear canal, or else you get no low end at all. The trade off comes with trying to balance that snug fit with comfort, so you might need to try a few different tips that come with the ones you buy to see what style works best. An earlier pair of IEMs that I used had more confortable flanged tips, but this pair is more comfortable with the rounded foam tips. Experiment and see what works for you before you spend money on other tips IMVHO.
    Thanks for the "tips". ... Anyone? No? Okay.

I had no idea the UM2's came with so many tips! I'll try them all then order from the above mentioned site for a high quality set.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Hey all!

Being 18 and still having my hearing and wanting to DJ/Producer for the long term, I would REALLY like to keep my hearing.

I have a 20% off coupon for the DJTT Store and will be buying a few other things already and thought about dropping this pair of IEMs in to my cart as well, because for 240$ why not?

Has anyone here ever owned or used these??? I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts.

I have 2 pairs of these. I have one that I use for everyday and as a backup for DJing, and then I have the pair I use for DJing. i love them. I had them remolded with by 1964 Ears http://www.1964ears.com/products_remolds.html

Either way these IEMs are well worth it no matter what. They come with a ton of tips so before you buy any extras I would recommend just trying out the ones that come with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    So if I'm used to just standard earbud tips should I just go for broke and go for these?
    Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Either way these IEMs are well worth it no matter what. They come with a ton of tips so before you buy any extras I would recommend just trying out the ones that come with them.
    Enjoy!

Banned

Anyone have any suggestions for affordable ear protection while DJing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast