MApping LEDs in Tracktor

Default MApping LEDs in Tracktor

Hi smart people

Is there a way to map the following in traktor

An led to light when the track is at a specific position e.g hot cue 1 or the track beginning and to turn off once not in that specific position.

Ideally to be used like a sticker on a vinyl to show where to start scratching.

Many Thanks

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Map the Seek Position output.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Running Traktor? Sure you could set a hotcue and map LED output for any button using Hotcue type command under track deck menu in controller manager.

That is a good question. If this could be done, I would be super happy.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ranjitb1 View Post
    Hi smart people

Is there a way to map the following in traktor

An led to light when the track is at a specific position e.g hot cue 1 or the track beginning and to turn off once not in that specific position.

Ideally to be used like a sticker on a vinyl to show where to start scratching.

Many Thanks
    I think i can get that to work.. the only problem is.. technicaly the led would only be one for exactly 1 second. As Hot cues are really only a beat in length, unless you set the cue as a loop, Traktor wouldnt have any way to keep the LED on long enough to make it worth while.

I suppose you could do a Midi value of 0 0 when it reaches a certain fade out cue point or something...

Ill work on something today for ya see what i can come up with

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

It makes more sense to use a hotcue and mark that position. However you can add output for seek position and set controller range min and max values depending of track length.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    It makes more sense to use a hotcue and mark that position. However you can add output for seek position and set controller range min and max values depending of track length.
    Kinda the route I was thinking Stewe.. using seek position and min values.

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    I think i can get that to work.. the only problem is.. technicaly the led would only be one for exactly 1 second. As Hot cues are really only a beat in length, unless you set the cue as a loop, Traktor wouldnt have any way to keep the LED on long enough to make it worth while.

I suppose you could do a Midi value of 0 0 when it reaches a certain fade out cue point or something...

Ill work on something today for ya see what i can come up with

Any luck guyz