PMC05 Pro IV or Z2
    Tech Wizard

Default PMC05 Pro IV or Z2

My current setup is an SMX-201, 2x STR8-80s, A10, X1, MF3D and a bunch of vinyl to play with, too.
    I'm looking to upgrade my mixer that is better suited to scratching.
    I've narrowed down my Z2 and ProIV.

I don't need all the midi functions or the soundcard in the Z2, but I've read good reviews about the CF, not so much the LFs. I also don't like the lack of a send/return for when I want to go with just vinyl and my KP3 for effects.

The ProIV would be a no brainer for me if it weren't for the hum I've read about when the midi functions are used.

All I want midi wise is a few encoders and buttons for selecting tracks so I'm not playing with the X1 all the time and I can use it strictly for effects in Traktor. Also XLR outs which they both have anyway.

What I'm really looking for I guess is if anyone has used a new ProIV recently to find out if the hum is still there since I haven't found anything new about them since 2011.

as much of a Vestax fanboy I am, I would still have to say the Z2 man. It works better with Traktor and is a lot more comfortable to be behind.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

There's not much point in the Z2 if you're not using its sound card.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Convert

get the Vestax mixer and the Audio 6 sound card. for transport controls, there is a cheap Numark midi controller like the DJ2Go. I have a feeling that the Z2 is a bit plasticky and won't last for so long. or is it just me.
    Traktor S4, 2x Traktor X1, 2x Technics 1200, 2x Numark TTX, 2x CDJ1000, 2x CDJ 800, A&H Xone 22, Pioneer DJM 600, Numark Mixtrack
    Check out my mixes:
    http://www.mixcrate.com/deckzmator/dj_mixes

Tech Wizard

I already have an a10 and TSP. I'm mainly looking to upgrade to a good scratch mixer that would have a few midi controls for track browsing. My main concern with the vestax is the hum when the midi shift button is pressed.

Tech Wizard

I already have the A10 and TSP so the sound card isn't an issue. I'm afraid I may accidentally hit the buttons on the side of the z2 while scratching or juggling and it doesn't have a send/return for an effects unit if I'm just using vinyl. The PMC05 may have a hum still when the shift button is pressed. I'm so torn.