London
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: London

Default London

I'm visiting a friend who's studying at LSE from Saturday the 4th to Sunday the 12th.

On the 4th, we're going to see Mr. C at something called "Paramount, Center Pointe". Apparently it's in zone 1.

Anyone happen to be going?

I know we're taking a trip to Cardiff to see the Dr. Who exhibit as well as one to Bath. Picadilly Circus and Mayfair are on the docket as well as the Millennium bridge and other big landmarks. I believe we're staying in a hostel (zone 2) for part of it and an airbnb flat (zone 1, I think) after my girlfiend joins us.

Any other suggestions, even down to favorite bars? Among other things, I'm looking forward to my first pint of Fuller's ESB from a cask....as well as everything else the city has to offer.

This is an iconic club:
    http://www.fabriclondon.com/
    So I've heard.

Also don't expect much help with directions from locals. From my experience a vast majority of the people are really bitter.

Really? Bitter? Not my experience at all.

Fabric is an AWESOME club. A few decent nights on whilst you are in town: http://www.residentadvisor.net/club-detail.aspx?id=237 Definitely get there if you can. There are also some cool pubs on the embankments of the Thames too - Cutty Sark, the Ship & Whale are decent for afternoon eating and drinking.

Stay away from Wembley Stadium on Saturday 11th as its the FA Cup final so there will be 90,000 football fans descending on the capital.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Londoners are not bitter. WHat have they got to be bitter about ? (apart from being Southern pussies)

I'll be in London on the 20th May for 4 days. Not been for over a decade. I love London. I cannot wait.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Londoners are not bitter. WHat have they got to be bitter about ? (apart from being Southern pussies)

I'll be in London on the 20th May for 4 days. Not been for over a decade. I love London. I cannot wait.
    Wow. How on earth can you have not been to London in a decade when your country is so small? Its like walking distance from anywhere in the UK to London in comparison to Australia.

And me too on 16-21th May.
    Any smaller venues in London that you care to recommend?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post
    Wow. How on earth can you have not been to London in a decade when your country is so small? Its like walking distance from anywhere in the UK to London in comparison to Australia.
    Cuz only Aussies go on 'walk abouts'....

LOL
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by oliosky View Post

The distance is not the issue? What a strange thing to assume.
    The cost of traveling within the UK is exorbitant. And I have had no reason to go.

I used to live in London. We go on holiday about 4 times a year and cus I have lived there a visit has been low on priority as opposed to European cities and other countries or in fact other cities in the UK.

Also, as we live 30m North of Manchester and 60m away from Leeds so there are even less reasons to go to London as they are amazing cities and don't cost the best part of £200 to get there.

We have a HUGE network of friends in Birmingham so we go there a hell of a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    And me too on 16-21th May.
    Any smaller venues in London that you care to recommend?
    Sorry mate, been so long that I was there my old haunts are probably closed.
    My fiance is currently scoping out some bars. I have asked some of my London mates where to go, I'll post anything the recommend on here.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 04-30-2013 at 07:22 AM.

Tech Guru

The distance is not the issue? What a strange thing to assume.
    The cost of traveling within the UK is exorbitant. And I have had no reason to go.

I used to live in London. We go on holiday about 4 times a year and cus I have lived there a visit has been low on priority as opposed to European cities and other countries or in fact other cities in the UK.

Also, as we live 30m North of Manchester and 60m away from Leeds so there are even less reasons to go to London as they are amazing cities and don't cost the best part of £200 to get there.

We have a HUGE network of friends in Birmingham so we go there a hell of a lot.
    Good to see that was taken with the light hearted tone it was intended...

Lost in translation. You speak Australian.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast