Routing a turntable through S2 or S4 (playing real vinyl records)?

Default Routing a turntable through S2 or S4 (playing real vinyl records)?

i googled this but couldn't find any answers or solutions to this. Basically I want to use a turntable playing records (as opposed to control vinyl) along side my S2. I'd like to not use a mixer, but instead run it through Traktor as channel deck. I also have an Audio 8 at my disposal.

Anyone know if this is possible with an S2 or S4?

Thanks

Tech Mentor

The S2 does not have inputs, the S4 does.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Tech Guru

S4 its possible and S2 you gotta use another soundcard w/phono inputs

The audio 8 will let you use turntables with an S2, and the S4 has the card inside. Hard to believe that google and the DJTT didn't have that anywhere. Or the Traktor manual.

Note: you will have to be running traktor though, the S2/4 is not a stand alone mixer.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

you can do it with the S4, it's the way i have mine set up. Just stick you're RCA's from the TT's into the input channels in the back of the S4, flick the switch's next to the input to 'phono' and make sure you ground them with the metal stud on the back and you're away (providing you have scratch pro and the timecode kits) and if you want to play Vinyl you just need the deck you're playing on set to 'Live input' within traktor.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.